2012 Vintage Mass Build Chat Thread

Advert

Good points BB.

Just as a reminder to everyone - It is a condition, by the local council, of using our field that all pilots must have proof of a BMFA "A" cert or equivalent, valid insurance and that models must have been succesfully test flown BEFORE they can be flown at the Fly in.

Without such they can of course be brought along to be shown static along with all the others.

I can only make the Sunday owing to work committments. I plan to bring at least two Telemasters, the Super 60 which I hope to maiden during the next week, my Super Scorpian and maybe my Acrowot if the weather's windy.

I hope to persuade my mate to bring his 12ft Giant Telemaster too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,everyone! Can anyone please tell me where I can get information on how to build WW1 wheels for a 36'w/s ex ff SE5a? I'm rebuilding it,and converting it to two channel, and the old wheels were 'going home'!

Also, how do you 'paste' a picture on here, my images on file don't seem to have a URL, whatever Thanks, Den Moran,Abertawe.

Hi David

The pilots breifing is scheduled for 09:45 each day. Flying to start at 10:00.
If by any chance you can't make this, any of the marshalls should be able to give a quick run through.

Basically it covers:-

Transmitter control.
Flying boundaries.
Our slightly unusual fuel and starting procedure imposed by the council.
That for the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, the marshalls word is final.
Any decisions that have been made to suit that particular days flying.

The club wants it to be as relaxed as possible with as few rules as we can. This has worked well to date, with the co-operation of everyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Shamed and regretful at not turning up at Greenacres. But I have to tell you this.

The Wednesday before GA, I took Windy and Webbit 52 to be maidened. Windy's wings were deemed insecure, since remedied, so no maiden yet.

However, Webbits brandnew SC 46 was started for a break in run. She had been range checked etc. Engine started first flick so Bil decided to take off , But we had to hastily add some more wing bands. Ground handling was very poor but Bill got her up. In the air was an epiphany, She is utterly gorgeous. After a few seconds, Bill was wringing her right out. She flies on rails. Eventually to land. She creamed in beautifully and nosed over as soon as the wheels touched. No damage, thanks.

Built a "proper" u/c in place of the commercial one and took her out yesterday. Bill took her off again and all problems mastered. Landed like an angel. I had taken my buddy box for my conventional trainer, a Wot Trainer which I have yet to fly. I've not flown for ten weeks since returning from Corfu. Anyway, Bill connected me up to the Webbit and after he took off gave me control. I was very rusty, but it felt good. I did not attempt to land.

Bill says to stick to it as my trainer, as I am ready for some thing more advanced.

Alan.

Hi Alan,

Well done mate, I wish I'd have known you were at the patch. I've been up to Derby Road this afternoon after a bit of a session at Huncote, Dave B was there with his grandson flying the Foamy E wot no one else though. Give us a bell if your there next Thursday or Friday.

Cheers,

Chris.