first flight

heinkel

Advert

Thanks lads for the comments.She has a ASP52 four stroke up front .

Hi fly boy, it was a Canon eos 550d, lens was 50-250mm zoom and was on a sports automatic setting. All thanks from my sons Matthew and Thomas.

Excellent model Hienkel...looks great in the air......

I've just finished a book about WW1 pilots (On a Wing & A Prayer...Joshua Levine) & it recounts the tale of a couple of ex Scout pilots who decided to buy a pair of srplus SE5as at the end of the war. So they went down to RAF Hendon where they were selling off RAF surplus supplies & bought two SE5s for the princely sum of £5 each. They had them fueled & topped up with oil & then took off for a quick flight to check them out & landed 20 minutes or so later.

Walking back to the hangars it apparently dawned on our two pilots what they had just bought & they got to wondering what on earth they were going to do with the aircraft they had bought....

So they started to negotiate with the guys they had just bought them off who finally agreed to buy them back for £4,10s!!!!

Given that the SE5 was then the equivalent of the Typhoon today I wonder if BAe might offer a similar deal when the Typhoon comes to the end of its life.....

Looks like you have a lot of friendly and helpful mates up there in the north!
In any case it is a very good looking model. Congratulations.
Also Basildons creation of authentic photos looks good (fotoshop?)
Cheers VA

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Vecchio Austriaco on 01/11/2011 20:47:03:
Looks like you have a lot of friendly and helpful mates up there in the north!
In any case it is a very good looking model. Congratulations.
Also Basildons creation of authentic photos looks good (fotoshop?)
Cheers VA

No mate 'Photoscape'. It is basic, but competent. There are six layers to the black & whites, including paging & some shading. A 'Clone' feature was used to remove the TX & blue flightline rope in the background. I tried to replicate a photo taken on a box camera, which may have then been reproduced in a 'Newspaper'. Thanks for the appreciation.

BB

Edited By Basildon Biggles on 11/11/2011 15:14:06

• 6 years later...

When I built my Flair SE5a a long time ago I covered it in neutral coloured Solartex (can't recall precisely which one, I think linen) and painted the top (fuselage and wings) with Flair PC10. Though I suspect Flair paints are now unavailable (as are the kits) and Solartex will be very soon.

In reality for scale, I suspect operational SE5a were not very pretty in WW1 and kept flying using any materials available to the mechanics.

Geoff