Any tips on how to stick my velcro to my lipo?

Advert

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/12/2014 10:45:18:

To return to David's question - which resurrected this thread from 3 years ago! - only a complete barbarian would put anything other than furry velcro on a battery! wink 2

BEB

Barbarians rule OK!   angry

Edited By Dave Hopkin on 27/12/2014 12:06:51

I don't know about barbarianism - but sheer common sense dictates that the benign furry stuff is far better suited to an adventurous life, flitting 'twixt battery bag, charger, modeller's pockets (not really recommended) benches (if your club is posh) the grass, backs of cars (if it isn't) etc. etc. whilst the aggressive, grabby (perhaps barbarian?) hooky bit is best left isolated in the relatively safe environment of a model's fuselage where it's unlikely to ensnare much in the way of passing fluff. seeds, hairy caterpillars etc.

Edited By Martin Harris on 27/12/2014 12:45:49

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/12/2014 10:45:18:

To return to David's question - which resurrected this thread from 3 years ago! - only a complete barbarian would put anything other than furry velcro on a battery! wink 2

BEB

Ah... Barbarian reporting for duty!

I put the hooky bit on the batteries, and also (usually) have a second wrap-around loop (seatbelt style, as mentioned earlier!) around the battery. The 'velcro' I use is from Clas Ohlson and has never come unstuck from any of my batteries.

Posted by Dave Bran on 27/12/2014 13:50:23:
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/12/2014 13:03:17:

All I can say is that I am shocked! To think I have been mixing with such types - what would my mother say!

BEB

What have you done with all my Velcro?

Perhaps we should setup a velcro 'swapshop'! teeth 2

As I only use the furry side in the planes, and I have far more batteries (with the hooky side on) than planes I have a bit of a surplus of unused furry velcro! Or maybe somewhere sells the two types separately?

Edited By John Privett on 27/12/2014 14:52:57