Video to DVD conversion

Tony Read

I have the excellent series of model aircraft 'how to' videos presented by Ian Peacock dating back to 1990. I have no video player so was looking to get them transferred to DVD so I can watch them again. As I remember they were very informative.

There are two problems. One is that any transfer business will naturally want agreement from the copy right holder. The other is that the company (TS Video Productions) no longer seems to be around so there is no one to get agreement from.

Any ideas?

Advert

hello tony-to be honest-----if it's for your own use- i cant see any copyright problem.... even more so if the original company is no longer around......years ago in a galaxy far away...when coping started your were allowed to copy your cassette's as long it was for your own use.......now i think the wording is different ... but as long as its a back up for your own use....no problem....unless someone knows different....

ken anderson ne...1 .....knows different dept...

Well I know that some photocopying companies refuse to copy copyright documents even if for your own use - for example, model plans. I like to build over a copy so as to keep the master plan pristine. Other companies are happy to take my money. Shop around.

Plummet

p.s. What is Myhobbystore's attitude to this, I wonder?

I have tried several ways, from £5 USB capture devices, to the device I have now, it looks like a VHS machine and has a USB output for the video file, that can either be stored on the hard drive, or the software has an option to make a DVD automatically.

Very easy and hassle free, only thing is as with all methods, you need to be there watching it.