...and where do you think this pic was taken?

Advert

Well the ladies are all in gowns and the chaps in double breasted suits with kerchiefs in the breast pockets so could easily be an anglo location rather than french. I suspect very close to either side of the war years but I'll go for just before the 2nd world war. Hmm, Brighton Pier.

Oh re-read, definitely model flying related, Oh now then, I'm not old enough to know about such things back then (quick did at the eventual winner ) but let's have a stab at one of the oldest commercial airfields in the country (the oldest?) Barton Airfield (Now Manchester City Airport) 1947 - entertainment after a model flying competition.

Edited By Ian Jones on 22/12/2011 11:24:21

Edited By Ian Jones on 22/12/2011 11:24:52

Looks like my old Mum and her sister at the keep fit class - so that would be the Inversneckie Temperance Hall sometime in 1933. The model flying connection of course, as everyone knows, is that the Inversneckie Temperance Hall was the worlds first Indoor flying venue where Hector McFash first flew his renowned Fash Flier (methane powered - there was a much reported altercation with the hall managment when it was realised how Hector actually refuelled the Fash Flier!)

Posted by Wingman on 22/12/2011 11:35:45:
Looks like my old Mum and her sister at the keep fit class - so that would be the Inversneckie Temperance Hall sometime in 1933. The model flying connection of course, as everyone knows, is that the Inversneckie Temperance Hall was the worlds first Indoor flying venue where Hector McFash first flew his renowned Fash Flier (methane powered - there was a much reported altercation with the hall managment when it was realised how Hector actually refuelled the Fash Flier!)

LOL

Well done Andy, yep this was the entertainment at the SMAE Annual dinner and prizegiving at the end of 1952. That's Henry J enjoying the proceedings to the right.

Mrs Phil Smith on the cover.......

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 22/12/2011 11:43:13