Reply box changes

Pete B

I've just found that the reply box now takes the format recently introduced when using the PM section. It's rather unwieldy as it won't take mouse commands for cut/paste etc - you have to use the keyboard. I could tolerate that with PM's but it's a darn nuisance for normal posts.

At a stroke we seem to have lost the 'quote' function, which is a real painangry 2

The whole appearance of this facility looks as if it was designed back in the days of Windows 95......if we can't get any better than this can we have the old one back, please?smile p

Yours disgruntledly,

Pete

Advert

I've tried several times today to post photos from my albums into a thread, but as soon as I click the Image icon button in the reply box headers the screen instantly greys out like a white fog and nothing happens.

I have posted photos many times before using Mozilla Firefox as my standard browser, so what's happening?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 16/02/2012 14:28:51

I think it's all going pear-shaped, RW. I've just had a gripe about the new reply format and have just tried to post a piccie as a test. The piccie has appeared, it seems, but what is the Latin text in the insertion box all about?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Maecenas feugiat consequat diam. Maecenas metus. Vivamus diam purus, cursus a, commodo non, facilisis vitae, nulla. Aenean dictum lacinia tortor. Nunc iaculis, nibh non iaculis aliquam, orci felis euismod neque, sed ornare massa mauris sed velit. Nulla pretium mi et risus. Fusce mi pede, tempor id, cursus ac, ullamcorper nec, enim. Sed tortor. Curabitur molestie. Duis velit augue, condimentum at, ultrices a, luctus ut, orci. Donec pellentesque egestas eros. Integer cursus, augue in cursus faucibus, eros pede bibendum sem, in tempus tellus justo quis ligula. Etiam eget tortor. Vestibulum rutrum, est ut placerat elementum, lectus nisl aliquam velit, tempor aliquam eros nunc nonummy metus. In ers metus gravida a, gravida sed, lobortis id, turpis. Ut ultrices, ipsum at venenatis fringilla, sem nulla lacinia tellus, eget aliquet turpis mauris non enim. Nam turpis. Suspendisse lacinia. Curabitur ac tortor ut ipsum egestas elementum. Nunc imperdiet gravida mauris.

Yours bemusedly (as well as disgruntled)

Pete wink

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 16/02/2012 14:29:05

Love the translation of latin to english blush

Lorem itself pain he is amet consectetuer to come up to elit. Maecenas feugiat according to reason diam. Maecenas fear. Vivamus diam spotless , a race a , to make fit not , easy life nulla. Eneus word lacinia tortor. Now a thrower nibh not a thrower some orci lucky euismod worthless , but ornare massa mauris but skirmish. Nulla price mi and laughter. Fusce mi pede , transitory this , a race and ullamcorper and not , in fact. But tortor. Curabitur annoyance. Duis skirmish augue condimentum but , avenging a , lamentation when orci. Up to the time when pellentesque to extreme poverty eros. Whole a race augue upon a race faucibus eros pede bibendum prefix meaning half- , upon time region equity anyone ligula. As yet eget tortor. Vestibulum rutrum , is when to please first principle , bed nisl some skirmish , transitory some eros now ninth fear. Upon ers fear pregnant a , pregnant but lobortis this , unseemly. When avenging , itself but venenatis fringilla , prefix meaning half- nulla lacinia region eget some unseemly mauris not in fact. For unseemly. To suspend lacinia. Curabitur and tortor when itself to extreme poverty first principle.

Well that cleared that translation up!!!

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 16/02/2012 14:32:14

A couple of observations off the top of my head:

The picture insert box shows the preview below the list boxes, rather than alongside. This means having to go to full page to see it or you have to scroll the reduced box to see which you have selected. Backward step and very inconvenient.

Inserting a picture from an album file produces liittle better than a thumbnail, blurred at that. The only way to view it properly is to click on it which involves going backwards and forwards to read a post and look at the pics properly. Very inconvenient.

Posting a pic from Photobucket inserts a much larger, full definition image. For an example of both types in the same post, see here.

Pete

I've also noticed that it has compressed the Photobucket pic laterally and cannot be expanded to correct proportions.

Edited By Pete B on 16/02/2012 14:51:46

The MXS-R is based on the full-size machine used by Red Bull pilots the ‘R’ denoting the racing version of the California based MXS corporation’s aerobat.

Above just pasted from word.

Plain paste......

The MXS-R is based on the full-size machine used by Red Bull pilots the ‘R’ denoting the racing version of the California based MXS corporation’s aerobat.

Hi all yes these chnges have not helped me on this one i run my inernet on google chrome you CANT use any of the links above the post part it freezes the page and you have to open a new window and start again.

i cant past links pictures if anything in posts not even a smiley icon...

dont know what to do now
Adrian

I do quite a lot of posting in works time (when nobody's watching !).

As you're doing some changes, would this be a good time to ask if it would be possibly for you to ask your web-designer techy blokes to remove the display of the 'time' of each post. Displaying the 'date' is OK, but the 'time' could be incriminating.

I've seen other places where they display the time if the post was withing the last 24 hours; but only the date if it is older than that. That seems quite sensible.

That way I could ask some of my colleagues to go and read my build-log without dropping myself in it .

Just a suggestion.

Testing from Chrome on Win XP. All buttons visible, but Insert image still generates lots of latinish that I can't seem to delete.

However, the rubbish doesn't appear when the image gets posted.

devil New smilies are more modern as well

Formatting works OK but no text colour options.

What happens with links now - do they work properly?

testing http://www.czd.org.uk/aeromodel/kwik-fli3/kwik-fly3.jpg

and a real link

http://www.czd.org.uk/aeromodel/kwik-fli3/kwik-fly3.jpg

Regards

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 16/02/2012 15:48:41