Reply box changes

Pete B

Posted by Chris Bott on 17/02/2012 09:47:59:

Just updated Firefox to 10.0.2 but still just get a greyed out whole window if I try to use the insert picture or link buttons.

Same effect in Chrome for me.

morning chris...hit the compatability button..... i had the same prob last night......

ken anderson ne..1 forum problems dept

Advert

chris-the address bar for the forum web site has -what looks like a broken box in it...at the top of the screen-hit it and the greyed out effect should stop......as you hover the mouse cursor over it - it says compatibility view...for older browsers etc ....

ken anderson ne..1...greyed out dept...

Edited By ken anderson. on 17/02/2012 10:40:31

Posted by ken anderson. on 17/02/2012 10:13:15:

chris-the address bar for the forum web site has -what looks like a broken box in it...at the top of the screen-hit it and the greyed out effect should stop......as you hover the mouse cursor over it - it says compatibility view...for older browsers etc ....

Hi Ken,

I cant find it, might be me just being dumb.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted by ken anderson. on 17/02/2012 10:13:15:

Hi Ken - had a good look with both my 61 yr old browsers - can't see this 'broken box' thingy anywhere!

Can you treat me like a doddery senior citizen and give me precise page/location please.

Terry

SW France - confused dept!

Thanks Ken.

I can see that in Internet Explorer 8, where I don't seem to need to use it, but I can't see the same in Firefox.

What I've done for the time being is set up Internet Explorer how I like it, and that will work for the time being. Cumbersome as it is...

Cheers
Chris

PS - Test Link to Greenacres website seems to work fine in IE8 (Wrote the words first, highlighted them, then clicked the button)

herllo chris and terry---- the address bar is the long box at the very top of the pc screen.......left side on mine has the words http://www.modelflying.co.uk in.......and at the right side there is 5 icons...... in the middle of the icons is one that looks like a broken box or set of false teeth smiley....last night when whoever changed the forum settings i couldn't put a pic on from my albums...... and they only way i could get it to work was by hitting the compatiblity button(it was greying out the same as chris describes)...i use win 7 and IE9.

ken anderson ne..1 where's the forum advice dept....

chris-the test link works OK....

Edited By ken anderson. on 17/02/2012 11:24:11

Posted by ken anderson. on 17/02/2012 11:23:07:

herllo chris and terry---- the address bar is the long box at the very top of the pc screen.......left side on mine has the words http://www.modelflying.co.uk in.......and at the right side there is 5 icons...... in the middle of the icons is one that looks like a broken box or set of false teeth smiley....last night when whoever changed the forum settings i couldn't put a pic on from my albums...... and they only way i could get it to work was by hitting the compatiblity button(it was greying out the same as chris describes)...i use win 7 and IE9.

ken anderson ne..1 where's the forum advice dept....

Hi Ken - thanks all understood but no good to me on Firefox.

Are we going to get any 'official' advice on where we are with this? It would help as I do not want to keep swapping broswers at my age!sad

Terry

Posted by Tim Hooper on 17/02/2012 13:30:22:

No good here (Firefox).

Greyed out screen when attempting to quote or add a pic from the gallery. Double spacing a pain too!

tim

That's odd Tim, I had your issues in Firefox this morning, but I'm typing this fine in Firefox now. No idea how the portrait formatted photo will come out?

Edited By Chris Bott on 17/02/2012 13:43:15

Posted by Terry Walters on 17/02/2012 17:43:58:

Just discovered the camera icon to use with your album photos! That's more like it!

Will try and update my build blog tonight and let you know my thoughts after that!

Terry

Terry you are a STAR yes well done. Is it new or did we all really miss it.blush

Alis Cub with Alex at the ready

Apolgies for my criticisms if it was there all the time (though someone could have mentioned it)

Edited By Ian Jones on 17/02/2012 18:32:45

Don't like this format at all the old one worked very well.

Photos from photo bucket wont enlarge .

Inserting emotions takes you to the top of the page.

Posting anchored links so far has been impossible can only get a long url.

Do we have a tutorial for this new format .I certainly need one as its virtually stopped me posting anything useful.

Don't mind the double spacing as it makes long posts easier to read.

Tom.sad it cant even put a emotion in line .

Well I am pleased to see the spell check as you type (that's the ABC with a tick icon) as the majority of posts I make have to be edited to deal with my typos so that's a thumbs up for that one.

Smiley's or whatever they are called today always have been more than a line deep, though they were centre aligned and it was less noticeable.

Double spacing paragraphs, I've always done that anyway.

There is no paste from Word option perhaps that isn't an issue any more but if it is then the Word formatting can be easily removed with that blue eraser shaped icon.

It doesn't look as nice and doesn't offer underlined text it’s strikethrough instead but all in all I think I just might end up preferring it.

(Post was pasted from word)