Reply box changes

Pete B

Posted by ken anderson. on 17/02/2012 18:43:11:

this is using the camera icon also...thanks terry-you're the new techi for the forum....

ken anderson ne..1.. camera icon dept..

Gorgeous plane. One of yours?

If you do enable dictionary on here, make sure you select the language as British English. We don't want our colour to be spelt incorrectly wink 2

Advert

teeth work in progress - let's try again

Edited By Ben B on 17/02/2012 19:52:04

Does this look wrong for anyone else or is it me? I've had a look at the html code and the height and width parameters seem to be set up right. So it's a bit strange!

Edited By Ben B on 17/02/2012 19:53:51

Can anything be done about losing the cut/copy/paste facility from a mouse? I get the following message:

Your browser security settings don't permit the editor to automatically execute cutting operations. Please use the keyboard for that (Ctrl/Cmd+X).

I am using Firefox 10.0.2. What browser security settings do I need to recover this function, please?

Pete

Posted by Simon Chambers on 17/02/2012 20:28:15:

Get this Firefox add-on: Allow Clipboard helper

And then once installed and restarted, you can click on the big banner at the "Text Cut, Copy & Paste Not Allowed" and add this site to allow it.

Si.

Thanks, Si, I'd tried editing user.js as the above add-on wasn't available for download when I went there initially. However, I've now installed it but cannot find 'the big banner at the "Text Cut, Copy & Paste Not Allowed" you refer to above.

Where is it, please? embarrassed

Pete

I don't think I've done anything but it all appears to be working on Chrome now here.

Splling cheeck wurks, Smileys smile d, links, Paste - Text Cut, Copy & Paste

• Lists
  • Bulleted lists.

I think the techies are still changing things. I'm sure I saw "Insert table" as an option earlier today, can't see it now.

Photo's from my album

Photo's hosted elsewhere

webbits

All done easily in Chrome. Happy chappy here teeth 2. (Lets see how the photo ends up)

Two potential fixes:

1. Use the the forum's albums instead

2. Didn't like 1? Okay try this, it worked for the image above.

• Click on the image icon
  • Complete the image URL as usual
  • Look at the dialogue box before closing though - there are three tabs - one says "Link" - click on it.
  • Enter the same url in the available field
  • in the field below the url select the open in a new window option
  • Click on save.
  • I've explained this from memory but I think it's about right.

Edited By Ian Jones on 17/02/2012 22:45:16

Problems with the server for the origial image - changed it.

Edited By Ian Jones on 17/02/2012 22:48:52

Actually there's some nice sizing features which allow the preservation of aspect ratio, borders and white space around the image (who knows may even fix the distortion in portrait photos?)

Also you can re-edit these when you are in edit mode.

I still think when the teething issues are sorted this is going to be a better editor.

Edited By Ian Jones on 17/02/2012 22:52:49

Posted by Pete B on 17/02/2012 20:57:16:

However, I've now installed it but cannot find 'the big banner at the "Text Cut, Copy & Paste Not Allowed" you refer to above.

On my 'Add-ons Manager' page, the options button for this only shows the 'Global Settings - Tabs under WYSIWIG editors are disabled' screen.

I can see the other two screens on the download page here but cannot encourage them to appear. Any ideas, please?

Pete

Posted by Pete B on 17/02/2012 22:50:51:

Posted by Pete B on 17/02/2012 20:57:16:

However, I've now installed it but cannot find 'the big banner at the "Text Cut, Copy & Paste Not Allowed" you refer to above.

On my 'Add-ons Manager' page, the options button for this only shows the 'Global Settings - Tabs under WYSIWIG editors are disabled' screen.

I can see the other two screens on the download page here but cannot encourage them to appear. Any ideas, please?

Pete

Have you tried doing a cut/copy again? It appeared when I did it on mine.

Si.