GiantShark (Formerly GiantCod)

Barrie, they cant do any better on postage while using Royal Fail, even the price of a postage stamp for a small letter has gone up by a ridiculous percentage lately. Every UK business will feel probably the effect of it as I expect all other couriers will increase prices to match.

Advert

Posted by Barrie Dav 2 on 12/05/2012 14:01:20:

Ah, well C.N.J. we'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed eh?

I've got a test-basket on the go at Jaws at the moment, checking on postage cost. One point Rob did mention in his explanatory post is that the non-insured post option has been raised from £6 to £40 and the new postage rates table offers all the options for each basket as you fill it.

On post to Europe, 509g in the basket at present costs £4.16 for Standard Airmail; insured Airmail £13.46 and Airsure £12.27, so on the principle that I've never had anything go missing in the past eight years of receiving post here in France, I'd risk non-insured for many of my purchases.

Don't rule them out just yet, Barrie.......

Pete

I have just (today) ordered a book from ABE books, post and packing £2.50. Books are both heavy and quite bulky compared to the packages I have bought in the past from GC (whose charges were acceptable).

Oh, if you think there is a cross subsidy on the price of the book, i very much doubt it.

Posted by Dave Samuels on 12/05/2012 18:27:46:

Price increase can be explained by UK VAT. MyHobbyStore are operating this legally as a UK business with the VAT number on the website - which is new.

Now that would infer that GC were dodging import duty and/or VAT.

Are you implying they were operating 'illegally'?

Posted by Dave Samuels on 12/05/2012 18:27:46:

Price increase can be explained by UK VAT. MyHobbyStore are operating this legally as a UK business with the VAT number on the website - which is new.

I wonder what the well established FPV brand "Fat Shark" think about the new name?

I'm guessing it was you who said the same thing on another forum, the wording is almost the same.

This is an old story, and nobody has ever shown there is any more substance to it than bus stop gossip.

I shall be testing their customer service skills now. Order placed on Wednesday for 4 servos and an esc. Arrived today 4 servos but no esc instead there is a bmax lipo charger in the bag. I was home from work too late to ring them so will have to wait till Monday. Lets see what happens because I am not paying postage to return something I didn't other.

I ordered 8 items at 1930 hrs wed and parcel arrived fri morning,all what I had ordered,top up bits and pieces and DFT module and Receivers.Hope to set tx up later in the week.

I am surprised no one from the editoral staff have not given any input on their own thoughts of GS takeover.I never had a problem with GC,usage or service and don't really expect any with GS.

John

'morning Pete,  Well if the shipping conditions have been improved by way of an opt-out of insuring goods that'll be ok.  Like you I've never had a problem with my, many, deliveries in the past.  However, the shipping costs page has not been amended to reflect the changes - yet.

Barrie

Edited By Barrie Dav 2 on 13/05/2012 08:06:10

Right then, I've just returned late last night after a two-week break so I haven't been able to provide clarity from the magazine's (RCM&E) perspective before now.

It shouldn't need saying but, obviously, the magazine is a separate entity (with independant editorial) within the MHS group, a company that covers retail activities and event management along with publishing many magazines of which RCM&E is one.

RCM&E is not aligned, linked or otherwise with any retail business within the group and my email box contains no press releases - if one appears then I'll certainly share it.

I'm going to lock this thread as there has already been far too much uninformed commentary and speculation. Remember folks, we do ask that forum posts are informed. If anyone wants to comment on the Giantshark service then please start a separate thread, many thanks.

Edited By David Ashby on 13/05/2012 08:19:18