5 Star Adhesives

I've bought products from this company before, always at shows and the quality is excellent but i missed the LMA spring seminar at Bradford this year due to work. So needing to restock some items i thought i would give their mail order service a go. Result....Full marks. I ordered at lunchtime yesterday hoping for the goods on Monday and hey presto, they arrived this morning. Which is lucky really, as it's raining here in Yorkshire (Again!!!) so i can get on and build today.

Thanks 5Star

Andrew

Advert

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree that five star have some good products.

I used there polypropylene adhesive, worked well.

In my case delivery was about a week. Yet these days I am far more relaxed on deliveries, since retiring. Almost layed back, then again others say differently.

Posted by Weyfly on 15/06/2012 18:25:46:

I tried three times to get an order delivered, I've given up and go elsewhere.

How did you order? , every order placed on our site is sent? 

On the shop ( shop4glue ) Just select a payment method such as 14 days credit and we send it with a payment slip giving details of how to pay after you get the order, for credit card payment if you want to pay on ordering you need to select google checkout from the shopping cart, or use it after recieving order using details on the payment slip

Most orders are sent same day, some take a couple of days sometimes if we are very busy.

The phone is only answered 10am to 3.30pm monday to friday , recently phone is often only till 2pm as the number of orders we post at the post office takes so long we need to leave early,

If theres a big show on like this weekend we are closed Friday, the weekend and monday, open again tuesday

Edited By StarLoc FiveStar Adhesives on 15/06/2012 23:59:50

In reply to Starloc Adhesives:-

I had two previous orders both successful, I sent another in which was not delivered, I sent emails in, I phoned a number of times, I did eventually get through, a few weeks later, you traced my order number and said it would be sent, it wasn't. I ordered again with no success, I went elsewhere.

Posted by Weyfly on 17/06/2012 20:36:12:

In reply to Starloc Adhesives:-

I had two previous orders both successful, I sent another in which was not delivered, I sent emails in, I phoned a number of times, I did eventually get through, a few weeks later, you traced my order number and said it would be sent, it wasn't. I ordered again with no success, I went elsewhere.

All i can think ( as i havent got the order number or name/date ) is that what you ordered was out of stock and somehow the emails were not being sent saying items were out of stock, we use a company to host the online shop whos email service often went wrong earlier in the year ( they have now updated there servers and aparently the problems with email sending should be sorted.

I dont see how it can happen that many times, can you pm one of the order numbers so i can check what did happen?

Sorry for delay in reply ( we were closed monday , and half day tuesday to recover from the show at weston park)

I cant see any reason for it  i have checked it up and the only thing i can find is its marked as canceled by our computers just after order, i dont do the orders and nobody who does can remember marking to canceled , it may have been a fault on the shop software

i think it was round the time we had a lot of delays with us all being ill and we got a few people in to help pack ( that then caused even more problems such as this )

Sorry about this , but i cant find any more out, only that its marked as canceled day of order

Edited By StarLoc FiveStar Adhesives on 20/06/2012 13:22:27

• 1 year later...

Sounds like you're having the same problem as me. The only way I could contact them was via this website, even then no one stepped forward and said I'm sorry sir I'll get your order sorted, it was just left and that for me was where I realised that customer service is sadly lacking so I never ordered again. Plenty of other firms that do want to take my order.

Posted by Tim @ ModelMarkings.com on 20/08/2013 09:09:43:

Anybody placed orders with shop4glue.com recently?

I placed an order in Mid July, notification of dispatch was then received the next day, but the goods have never showed.

3 email follow-up's have all gone unanswered.

Sorry about the problems with your order

You should have recieved a reply to emails but we have so many spam ones we have set the spam filter to very sensitive so it may have been removed if the title was not long enough, a lot of emails also get missed due to us reading quickly past the hundreds of span ones the spam filter doesnt stop

When the dispatch notification is sent it is usualy collected that day, occasionaly it can be upto a couple of days later, your order should have been there ages ago!

I have just looked up your order and it was sent out the day you got the email, the chances are it got squashed in the post and leaked so the post dumped it! , We have just changed the containers the Epcoat is in due to them being easy to squash if miss-handled , we have a new tub for it now

Do you want me to re-send it tomorrow or cancel it? ,

Obviously the 14 days credit we give is from date of recipt ( you wouldnt believe how many people panic about that when a parcel goes missing! )

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sorting out the order, all arrived intact.

Can you provide some more informaton on EpCoat.?

I am a little mystifyed on the product. I was expecting something that provided a hardning coating for foam models. Applying EPcoat gives a rubbery coating a bit like copydex, I am not sure thats quite right?

It is a hard flexible type coating ( but not latex ) , designed to hold the foam together, the surface becomes impact resistant but will still bend if presed, designed more to get a smoother surface and prevent the beads of foam being pulled out etc more than give a hard surface , more of a solid flexible surface that doesnt crack on impact

if you add a hard surface to the foam it will just crack if the foam flexes

Sometimes it can seperate out in the tub, give it a shake , the solid part floats on the liquid occasionaly in hot weather, not often but it can.

As you can see from earlier posts, there does seem to be the occasional glitch with communication which you may have to make allowances for if it is a small company, depending on how long you've been trying. As you can see, I've edited out the unacceptable part of your post and suggest you read this.

You could try sending Starlok a PM- that may escape his spam filter. I expect he has this thread bookmarked anyway, so he'll probably pop up fairly soon....

Pete

Also please bear in mind folks that at this time of year small companies might be a little difficult to contact owing to the holiday season!

yes I know - they could put a "standard reply" out to emails etc. But not everyone wants to tell the entire world that they are not there for security reasons wink 2

BEB

Posted by bob bob 1 on 05/09/2013 11:24:10:

if anybody knows how to contact this company feel free to share. they don't answer emails or pick up the telephone. how does this company actually run with such non existant communication?

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 05/09/2013 13:56:08

Sorry you are having problems , but there shouldnt be any problem with the telephone in working hours, today it was out of order for a couple of hours today as the whole industrial estate went off when the road workers cut a cable, It is always answered 10am to about 3pm Monday to Friday unless we are closed or at a show ( when closed it is always listed on main page of the SHOP4GLUE website )

Over the bank holiday weekend ( due to the BMFA nationals ) the phone was not answered from the thursday 22nd august till we reopened on the wednesday 28th )  

Telephone number to use is 01928 560044 , the other number starting with 0151 will get no reply as it is unused now ( its the home phone number and its off the hook to stop it ringing and annoying the dogs as we are not there)

Edited By StarLoc FiveStar Adhesives on 05/09/2013 22:11:55

Edited By StarLoc FiveStar Adhesives on 05/09/2013 22:12:43