Acro Wot ARTF (balsa) chat

Advert

OHHH... I have an (original balsa kit) acrowot in my loft (unflown) with a satio FA80 ready for it on a 'parc amber' soft mount, i dont think they sell those anymore?

Its had gunk on it for 20 years (the engine) so its getting a strip down and service shortly.

Let me know how this handles, you'll be in the air before mine is sorted out!!

SB

located aieleron mounting points.firdt impression aws correct, just needed confirmation and encouragement.thanks.position can be found by holding wing up to a strong light.

dissapointed in the size of the apperture. will have to fill and cover the gaps to prevent ingress of muck.

I found it necessary to iron around the aperture prior to cutting the covering it was loose. have had to iron our some wrinkles as well. keep the covering iron at the ready during the build. I am fitting the servos and linkages priot to glueing the wing halves together. easier to play with smaller pieces in my shed.used 1.5mm ply spacers to centralise aielerons whilst glueing hinges.

shall I continue as I progress or will it get too boring?

dscf0006.jpg

dscf0003.jpg

dscf0002.jpg

dscf0004.jpg

Posted by ConcordeSpeedbird on 30/08/2012 09:33:07:

Maybe it depends what engine is up front, the one that you saw BEB, what did it have?

CS

Laser 70 I think CSB.

Why fishtailing happens is a long story - I did cover it in an article in last years special edition of the mag if you have that handy.

BEB

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Briman,

i hade problems with all the control surfaces having bubbles. I found that the same setting as for solarfilm worked perfectly. Do not use the heat gun it does not shrink the covering down to the surfce. Only use the iron.

Mine flew for the first time yesterday perfect straight from the building board. Many thanks to Adrian a fellow club member for the maiden flight. At the moment getting 8 mins fromthe supplied tank using a Saito 82. Not fully run in yet though.

Thanks Brian. I read through the Solartfilm info on the web and did some experimentation yesterday and starting at 100 C moved up to 140 C which worked fine on the bubbles. Not so good on the wrinkles though which my old iron produced. They may be beyond fixing, but I'll keep experimenting.

cheers,

Brian

Hi folks,

I'll shortly be putting together an artf Acrowot.

Any opinions on the suitability of a Saito FA65 for this model? The recommended size for a four stroke is a .70 - .90, but I have the aforementioned Saito looking for a home.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,

Eddie.

Biggles' Big Bruvver - the foamy AcroWot will fish-tail too - at least mine does at speed. My initial thought was the carbon reinforcements in the fuse were partially masking the single 2.4 aerial.

I moved the Rx and aerial but she still fish-tails --- at least I'll stop worrying now!

Can anyone confirm how the closed loop rudder system should be arranged - parallel(ish) wires or crossed?

The reason I ask is that a crossed system would have the wires directed at better angles and not bent round various internal formers etc as in a parallel arrangement.

thanks,

Brian