The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)

Advert

I will start with my standard disclaimer, I am no photographer. My camera is not good for much. Yet more importantly, as stated earlier, I am no photographer.

seagull.jpg

I guess a gull of some sort

frig1.jpg

Now these birds cruised for miles, never flapping. When diving, I have never seen a bird drop quicker. As is usual the best close up picture of one attacking a sea gull, was wiped by me from the camera whilst editing. Quite awesome and so science fiction in an intimidating way to see.

pelican.jpg

A Pelican being followed, by a couple of muggers

bluebirds.jpg

Just pretty birds

crow.jpg

Looks like a crow, is it?

birdgroup.jpg

Foreshore birds?

lizard.jpg

dscf0017 (2).jpg

local flying field.

Due to the limitations of my camera I am considering purchasing a SLR type. In my case, not a top or middle range, but with a zoom, which can capture a picture quickly. \\my present camera does not do this, when pressing the shutter, is not necessarily the picture I get. The object can easily have moved out of frame.

Any suggestions, oh and not expensive. Plus what I should be looking for. A RCM&E article maybe?

Well the photos are good enough for some identifications that I can help with:

That's a Magnificent Frigate Bird

and these are Caribbean(?) Turnstones

this I believe is a Greater Antillean Grackle

Don't really recognise the others, I think the two tone blue birds will be some kind of crow.

I'm useless with gulls too.

Edited By Ian Jones on 24/04/2013 01:02:24

Ian

The two tone birds appear to be fruit eaters, I have a picture with one having taken a berry/fruit from a tree, in its beak.

I missed a enormous hawk that flew over every day. Initially I thought it was a scavenger at first. That is until I saw it take a small bird. I then realised it could really move, as well as just loiter.