hobbyking UK let down

Advert

I don't believe i violence eitherStartaz & I too have only ever had the one problem with H K :but as the items were a Tx,Rx &esc I feel obliged to be concerned. Dealing with so many different individuals was perhaps the problem. As a large busines surely the left hand would keep an eye on what the right hand was doing? From what has transpired over the last few days I feel sure that Scott may be able to achieve a positive result.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by ross blackwell on 08/08/2012 00:33:21:

I don't believe i violence eitherStartaz & I too have only ever had the one problem with H K :but as the items were a Tx,Rx &esc I feel obliged to be concerned. Dealing with so many different individuals was perhaps the problem. As a large busines surely the left hand would keep an eye on what the right hand was doing? From what has transpired over the last few days I feel sure that Scott may be able to achieve a positive result.

Hi Ross,i'm not sure i understand the part about violence,when i said i'm not here to bash anyone i meant bad mouth,that means i'm not going to talk bad about anyone,wink 2 That wasn't aimed at you at all mate but if you thought it was then i apologise for my bad choice of words or how it was put,it was just me saying i'm not going too.

I too would be concerned it i had a TX,RX and or an ESC problem with any company and i would want it sorted,i've brought more than 8 orange rx's for my DX8 from HK and not a problem with one of them,but you know if i had and the fault wasn't my own i'd be one of the first to go and get it sorted trust me.

I hope you get it all sorted out to your satisfaction soon mate.

Now if i could only get Scott to say when he thought the new Durafly MK24 Spitfire was to go on there website i'd be an even happier chappie.teeth 2

Happy flying people.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to find out more about a HobbyKing product but their websites (today) just don't come up and there seems to be an air of mystery about the entire UK operation. I see the address above - the name Lucky Stuff Ltd - seems somewhat quaint -- could be Great Sperm Whale I suppose.

Can someone tell me how to email contact Scott Cappallo -- and a phone number. please.

I certainly don't want to commit my hard earned to a biz which may never respond.

Jonnor

HK are a mail order company, in the same way that Littlewoods, Marshall Ward were. There is no personal treatment, just like sending for a Telegraph Newspaper offer. In other words it is not a unique entity from that viewpoint, as typical in most respects.

For a personal service, your LMS is possibly a better bet.

The web site was up and running a few minutes back.

As to who they are, well known to many modellers, much loved by many, now with a new branch in the UK. I am sure many will know more than me. Here is a thought, who are Ripmax, Perkins, Amerang, and so on. Do you actually care?

HK and a few other businesses of the type, offer value for money, no frills service. There is a complaints service, again not touchy feely type approach, it is business like and functional.

+1 Erfolg

I've just come of there website and everything seems to be working just fine for me Jonnor,and to try and put your mind at rest,i've had to many orders off HK in the last 5 years to count and i've only ever had one problem with HK,there CS sorted it out in 24 hours to my satisfaction i might add.

I've only had a couple of orders off of there UK branch which was the Durafly SE5a (what a great plane)and that was on my door step with in the time frame that i picked when completing the order (24 Hours) once it left the UK warehouse,i made another order this Friday which was the AXN floater which will be with me on Tuesday if the tracking is to be believed and i don't see why it wouldn't,it would of been here this Monday but for our Bank holiday so i'll have to wait until Tuesday,which is no problem for me.

I'm not sure why they had to use the name lucky Stuff for there UK warehouse but i have seen that on my order form which was stuck on the box which the SE5a came in,mind you i really don't care what they call them selves as long as i keep getting by bargains off of them.wink 2

So the choice is yours if you want to use them or not,we can only tell you how we see it.

Posted by ericrw on 26/08/2012 17:08:45:

The main problem with buying from HK, is that you have to have patience with the delivery time ! And I'm short on that but I still buy from HK.

Not true if you buy from there UK warehouse,wink 2

Plus i buy from there international warehouse all the time and if you use EMS (express mail service) you can get your parcel in 7 days once it leaves the warehouse,i normally say to myself right i have a parcel on it's way and it should be with me in two weeks,that way when i get it before then i'm a happy chappy,there is always the ones that do come late because of customs/postal service but you can't put that down to HK.

Lots of bad comments. Lots of excuses. Warranties apparently not honoured. Why 'Lucky Stuff'? Odd name. Bloke in Hong Kong has all the 'answers' if that is what they are and if you can find him . Somone scared by the contents of a PM. They won't see any of my money. Just seen an ad for solar power. Save £10000 in tax. Great, I believe that.

I did not come down in the last shower of rain..

Posted by Mark Powell 2 on 27/08/2012 14:51:22:

Lots of bad comments. Lots of excuses. Warranties apparently not honoured. Why 'Lucky Stuff'? Odd name. Bloke in Hong Kong has all the 'answers' if that is what they are and if you can find him . Somone scared by the contents of a PM. They won't see any of my money. Just seen an ad for solar power. Save £10000 in tax. Great, I believe that.

Who has been scared by the contents of a PM?

Mods - can we close this one down please?

Olly

Posted by Mark Powell 2 on 27/08/2012 14:51:22:

Lots of bad comments.

Probably a very small proportion of their customers feel moved enough to raise issues on forums.

Lots of excuses.

Not confined to Hong Kong-based retailers. the UK trade does pretty well at that, too - allegedly!

Warranties apparently not honoured.

I'm sure some must be but when you're buying from countries which don't have the consumer protection the UK enjoys, you pays yer money and you takes yer chance........

Why 'Lucky Stuff'? Odd name.

Quaint Chinglish, I suppose - I bet John Lewis Partnership, Marks & Spencer and Fortnum and Mason sound a bit odd to them..........smile

Bloke in Hong Kong has all the 'answers' if that is what they are and if you can find him .

I believe Scott does his best when and where he can and has the interests of the modeller at heart, but, as any company employee, he can only go so far. Let's face it, amongst the great British public, some folk are just plain difficult or dumb.....present company excepted, of course!wink 2

Someone scared by the contents of a PM.

If you're referring to posts on the first page of the thread, you've got the wrong end of the stick. Full name and address details were posted in the open forum when they should have been sent by a PM and another member remarked that it was a bit scary seeing those details on the Web........

They won't see any of my money.

Evidently........smile

Just seen an ad for solar power. Save £10000 in tax. Great, I believe that.

I think you're pulling our legs........wink 2

Nor me, so when I buy from Hobbyking or other Far East-based suppliers, I accept that I may be getting an 'economy' product and my expectations should be set accordingly. My experience is, however, that in the overwhelming majority of purchases, my expectations have been either adequately met or often exceeded.

As a result, the presence of such companies has made it possible for me to enjoy a great deal more modelling pleasure than would otherwise have been the case.

Pete

Must say I agree with Pete and its probably true to say that some folks do tend to jump in with adverse comments before becoming fully familiar with the way a particular mail order company is configured .

I have had over 150 orders with HK and 10 with HK UKand not experienced any problem at all with the service or the products. Recent orders have included five models that have all proved to be first class value for money.

I have no connexion in any way with HK and I do use other suppliers ,but would say HK been good to deal with and certainly no let down to me.

Tom.

Edited By Tom Wright 2 on 27/08/2012 16:08:26

All I can say is that I read the thread through several times before making the comments and went back to the the particular comment before I made each indiviual point. Except for the solar one. There are enough adverse ones to make me wary. It was mentioned that UK warranties may not apply. It may also be said at at least one poster (I say 'at least' because I am not checking again) believed he was dealing with the UK warehouse when he was not. And we don't seem to get replies from the UK warehouse operation. Maybe it is not their 'policy' whatever that means. Only from one far away individual in 'Hong Kong' as if that was not a part of China, with which, because of its size, we might see as rather overbearing.

Neither am I the only one to comment on 'Lucky Stuff'. It is not the name, it is the complete disconnection with what they are selling

Edited By Mark Powell 2 on 27/08/2012 16:24:57

Edited By Mark Powell 2 on 27/08/2012 16:28:41

I have bought lots of stuff from the international and DE Hobbyking warehouses and never had a problem. I expect the UK warehouse is run to the same high standard. Yes there will be problems from time to time just like any other company.

As to the name, there are many companies that have one name as the owner but then trade as something else, usually a well known brand name e.g British Gas = Centrica

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 27/08/2012 18:37:36