Pick a plane 2008!

WARNING  please be aware of a new virus doing the rounds. I am reliably informed of a new virus entitled   GOOD LIFE  or ITS A GOOD LIFE. (This is from a friend in S.Y.Police). DO NOT OPEN!!!!!!delet it immediately. There is no known anti-virus for it yet as it is only 4 days old. its a (computer) killer.

A genuine fellow modeller

Advert

Hi guys,

At this stage we'll give the votes a couple more weeks then we'll sit down and try and devise a shortlist from the suggestions, then we'll probably ask everyone for a final say from the shortlist. Size-wise we are restricted to a model no larger than last years Typhoon (give or take) simply due to the fact that the plan has to fit inside the mag' - cost comes into consideration too.

Many thanks to everyone who's taken the time to vote so far,  It makes for fascinating reading.

Graham  R.                              Well it is nice your back, AS for "VOTE 1  WHIRLWIND"   it is that, vote one for the Westland Whirlwind to be the aircraft of this " voting forum',   Thanks(another chance to mention it)                                                                                                                                              

Hi.

Having had a quick look through the choices to date I`m  surprised that so many people are

suggesting plans that Tony has already issued as free planssuch as Lancaster,S.6B, Halifax

(to be issued later in the year) Mosquito (Two Versions) both electric with the larger for i/c also.

To me, Tony isthe "KING" of the model designers---Long may he reign

WELL guys, appox 1 week  to go, to get your votes in, IF YOU WANT A TWIN, then you have to vote for the WESTLAND Whirlwind, SO many of you have said " there's enough plans of, Spit's, Hurricanes, Me110's, FW190's, Sea Fury's", you name it, they have all been done before, in various, formats / size/ I.C/ Elect.  I would think that a challenge for a model builder is to look at something, that is in "favour", would be "one" THAT has had very little exposure. If you want to build a "run fo the mill " planes, sure, But we are asking Tony N.to offer us something that will give him some enjoyment too, something he will enjoy doing, which I'm sure he does with all his designs, SO let me say once again, in the last 25yrs there has been ONLY 3, yes 3, plans  offered for this aircraft (look back on some the "input" on this forum). 2-- elect. and 1 power.  "DO YOU"  want something different to build ?????????????? VOTE  1, 2,& 3, Whirlwind fighter

Tony
You're designing a Lightning and Foxbat! Great minds think alike ;o) I like the idea of a hurricane - RC Scale models produced a free plan for a .29 sized version aaaaaaaages ago, replete with stringers, that keeps peeping out of the "to do plans" folder at me. Last time I suggested the Mitsubishi Ki46 Dinah, and I'm going to suggest it again. My suggestions are:

1) Mitsubishi Ki46 Dinah (twin 350W brushless or .25 IC, 60" span)
Cosford's Dinah

2) Beech Starship (twin speed 400 brushed or brushless, sheet wing)
Beech Starship

3) Sukhoi Su47 Berkut (single brushless - nose mounted, or EDF if you're feeling adventurous)
Berkut 3-view

Two of these are unorthodox, but by no means beyond the realms of beginners. In fact beginners are probably less habituated to how a traditional model looks in the sky. Tony's skill will be tested in making sure they are  stable, flyable, and convincing )

Alistair

On Saturday I took my son to the RAF museum Hendon and we bought a great book called "The World's Worst Aircraft" by Jim Winchester.  From that here are three suggestions for wonderful unusual models:

Caproni-Stipa (1932 tubby Italian EDF-type plane)

Blackburn Firebrand (rare, pretty 1942 fighter, make a nice electric)

Saunders Row SR/A1 (1947 jet fighter flying boat of all things, EDF) 

David,

My Dream Models Would Be As Follows,

C-130 Hercules( electric)

Aero Designs Pulsar ( A small single engine low wing homebuilt, my father owns a full size and a model would be great!!) Electric

Flex wing microlight (i.c) never seen one in model form, would be great and very unusual!!

Regards,

greg