Favourite scale detail

bouncebounce crunch

adding scale detail even if not exactly to full scale gives your model a better than average look at the field.

1) So what is your favourite you have added or seen at your local field? not the national championship material and not ready to fly or bind n fly.

and

2) the stuff of dreams

mine

-1) spring leaf tail gear (scratch built) the simple aerials and pitot tube.

-2) sliding canopy, lights and cannon or gunfire.

Advert

i guess a nice cockpit is always good

but my pet hate is rubbish pilot figures. A bad one can really make a model look cheap and nasty

the worst offenders are fluffy toys or girls dolls and the nasty looking figures you tend to find in seagull models

Its better to paint the inside of the canopy black or silver than do this to a model

Edited By Phil B on 12/09/2012 07:50:32

A scale pilot is probably first call to add realism to a model, getting hold of one thats realistic enough seems to be a problem without spending a lot of flying dollars is another. A bit of paint goes a long way when modifiy some of the cheaper ones.

However my biggest problem at the moment is that my wife is insisting my next pilot should be female and PC to boot so big boobs, blonde etc is out!!! So if anyone knows of a source of something fitting the bill I would like to know. Got to keep the peace so I can go off to the club without being told my models are based around some chauvanistic ideals!!!

Hi, The problem with scale detail is that if its going to be good and accurate, it can be very time consuming and also heavy. Example You can buy a one piece moulding for the radial engine for the Nijhous lysander...It's fine, but if you want the best then you have to make a Bristol Metcury VIII,cos you cant buy one. A williams brothers kit for a Pratt and Whitley is close, but even that needs hours of work to get it even nearly right

Agree about the dolls, I'd rather tint the glazing so you can hardly see in

ernie