Recomendations on cheap Park flyer?

nescafe37

Advert

Posted by Simon Chambers on 20/09/2012 00:06:55:

+1 on the Breeze

Garbo, how well does it fly on the 2S 800mAh pack? I have a couple hanging around, tempted to get the swift to chuck them in. Also in the "crash kit" they supply is that really just another complete airframe?!

Cheers,

Si.

800 is a squeeze to get in but fine. It flies great for the park or off a sand dune at the beach, I never got a "Crash Kit"

Posted by Garbo on 20/09/2012 07:49:42:
Posted by Simon Chambers on 20/09/2012 00:06:55:

+1 on the Breeze

Garbo, how well does it fly on the 2S 800mAh pack? I have a couple hanging around, tempted to get the swift to chuck them in. Also in the "crash kit" they supply is that really just another complete airframe?!

Cheers,

Si.

800 is a squeeze to get in but fine. It flies great for the park or off a sand dune at the beach, I never got a "Crash Kit"

Which 800 battery would be the best fit?? Because i seen you can buy the normal type or the long type?? I am definently going for the mini swift i think..

Hi Nescafe37

If you want cheap thrills without much outlay perhaps consider a depron or EPP park-flyer,i have had many hours on mine without the worry of crashing/repairs as they are just so simple and theres just no real weight to them and therefore not a lot of repairs when it does go wrong.

I really learned to fly with the red and yellow 3DX,not a regularly recommended choice i know but these type of 3D or performance craft are a very cheap work horse for someone like you who is not a total beginner so can keep a aircraft in the air and perhaps wants to know what an ultra light/high power tool can do without the £ pitfalls.

EB

m_002.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys...

Necafe 37 says he's a newbie so I think those nice aerobatic jobbies will probably have to wait. As will anything too fragile (depron) I guess. The mini-swift looks good but possibly to fast ?

Nescafe37 - I think for anything needing a 2200 3s, you'll need a pretty big park ! And have to be very carefful to avoid dog walkers

AXN floater from HobbyKing seems to get good reviews. Mowermans V Trainer suggestion is a good one - ugly but flies well ! Not you Roy ...................

GG

sorry I have not replied earlier but I went for the hk mini swift as suggested by gardo and I can honestly say that it was a great suggestion. I have flown it about 20 Times now without any incidents.lol. I don't really have any issues with the speed of the thing in fact I am wishing it had a little more umphhh now.time to move onto something else maybe?

I am not convinced by Garbos model if it is an electrified Fox. There is one in the club, it appears a tricky little beast, in average hands, The plus side, it will damage little if it crashes.

The model Nescafe has shown, seems a good pair of models to fly in the Park. Pity no link to he suppliers is provided, or model details.

I fly an indoor model, in the park, I cannot recommend it. Firstly GS no longer seem to supply it, being apparently on backorder. The second is is strictly limited to calm days, with no more than 2-3 mph. Fourthly, I find it is harder to fly, as time and weight go on.

The one aspect I feel passionately about is model suitability to the park. Some parks are suitable for so called parks Fliers. Many are not. If there people about, the weight should be low (in my opinion). If anybody appears I make a point of landing. The second aspect is the model to big for the operating environment. Are there trees to be avoided or other obstacles. Fourthly is the matter of weight, what are the consequences in the worst realistic accident, this will influence the maximum weight. Perhaps a foam model has got to be a better than say a fibreglass model, even if such a model could be classified as parkflyer by some PR guru. Also a definite consideration is the maximum speed. I believe in low.

Edited By Erfolg on 27/12/2012 21:24:34

Posted by Tom Stonell on 25/12/2012 22:09:08:

I'm interested in the red and yellow model above.

How much are you looking at for this type of model total? I'm looking to build on a budget.

Sorry for such a late reply.

electrics-motor 6-esc-9-cells 3 each-3x servos 8,depron 5,plans 3 to print,minimum carbon 3,glue 3,so about 40 notes all in for new gear,the paint will probably cost the most depending on  type,but if you already have some kit its a cheap option.

Of course the real beauty other than price is the endless modifications you can toy with.

Oh its worth mentioning that those prices are all UK sourced so savings could be made.

EBwink

Edited By English Bunt. on 28/12/2012 16:42:51