Airbus A400

Barry W

Advert

That's a magnificent model and a great video, Barry. Love the parachutists.........smile

I occasionally see or hear the full-size mooching high overhead inbound or outbound from Toulouse, about 90 miles south. Very distinctive sound and a podgy silhouette - a bit like me, I suppose! teeth 2

Have Airbus a winner there?

Pete

I've seen the real A400M flying into Bristol Filton airport a couple of times recently. Amazing piece of kit.

I remember being in my office, hearing an aircraft in the distance and then looking out of my window to find it flying only 1500-2000ft away! A couple of weeks ago, I saw it again in the distance, hardly making a noise - while the Chinook around twice the distance away from the A400M (must have been a good 1/2 mile to a mile), being completely audible and drowning out the A400M noise.

The stark difference in noise compared to the Herc is astonishing. However as an Airbus engineer said to me, the C130 is late 40's, early 50's design - while the A400M is 2000's design and has 50 years of progress.

Cheers,
Si.

Posted by ken anderson. on 05/10/2012 10:22:07:

the member concerned had been building it for a fair old while...at a hair raising cost........never to be seen again......

Judging by recent history, I wouldn't bet against that happening with the full-size.......smile o

Pete

• 2 weeks later...