What is this worth?

IAN EDGE

Advert

That's a difficult question and would depend on what you want it for. It's a VERY old model with only basic functions such as switched rates and reversing, and if it's been stored with the transmitter battery fitted you would need to check the negative leads for corrosion. The transmitter is very basic, the battery packs would best be sent to the nearest recycling centre, and the charger would most likely struggle with modern higher capacity batteries - you would need to leave it on trickle for a couple of days.

However the servos should be ok.

The transmitter would be fine to drive a flight sim but I suspect most learners would outgrow it's capabilities for flying models very quickly. If it is electrically sound and you will only ever want to fly basic sports or vintage type models it might be worth £30 or £40. Personally I'd recommend saving your cash to buy a new modern computer based set from a dealer, at least it would come with a warrantee.

Thanks bob much appreciated, only looking for a cheap starter system to get into the hobby, 3 channel trainer plan built, there are no clubs within any reasonable striking distance of me so going to be going solo from day one so not going to risk a new sytem, finding bargains and building will be as much fun as flying and dont mind doing the odd repair or two either