Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

Advert

I have decided I will make a new and bouncy undercarriage for mine but I might use some of the oleos I have kicking about instead of the gas struts. As long as I can find an oleo with a decent stroke I am ok.

If not I will make my own at work and I would use r/c model car suspension springs for this if I go this way. The reason is that model car springs are easy to get in various lengths, diameters and strengths. If I wanted to be dead fancy I could even have a smaller spring inside the bigger one to give an increase in resistance at full compression. Sound like a plan?

?? recover it in situ? Why would you want to break a solid flying surface in order to re-attach it later and adding weight at the rear where you don't need it?

Seems to be a post artf phenomenon that people cover tail surfaces before assembly rather than after.

Edited By will -0 on 11/12/2014 14:06:31

Posted by Nick Santovito on 11/12/2014 18:36:40:
Just to keep the thread going, here's the ASP 180's first run with an 18/6 DynaFlite prop.
From other comments, I expect it to gain 5k - 8k more rpms once broken in.

Edited By Nick Santovito on 11/12/2014 18:39:08

Really nice sounding motor...great. BTW, the thread will run for a while hopefully. I will keep it going, 2 years and still going strong!

Edited By cymaz on 11/12/2014 19:18:34

There are a lot of options on this ship.

On page 33 you can see how John Hill 6 mounted his tank above the LE of the bottom wing for his Saito gasser.

I started out with a 14 oz tank behind the firewall for my nonpump, nonsurpass, OS FS 120.

After wearing it out, I replaced it with a ST 2000 (which drinks 2 oz. per min.) and had to put a 12 oz tank behind the 14 after cutting a hole under the cabane wire on the formere.

No draw probs with either engine.

The tank bay had to be shortened by an 1" as the Saito is  bigger. What I will try is having two tanks one above the other both pointing forward, the top tank of the two will feed the bottom tank. I still might try putting the tank in the wing bay and see what happens.

Edited By John Lucas 4 on 12/12/2014 19:24:15