Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

Advert

Hi thanks for the question, I’ve started to spray over the weekend as the weather here in Surrey was lovely, I’m using 2K paint as you get a really good gloss finish and all the white is now done, just the masking up and the red to go, I changed my mind on the colour scheme and decided to go for this as it was less work and I think it will look cleaner. I’ll take some pictures tonight of my progress and post then up.

31594.jpg

159804.jpg

Just for future reference, what is 2K paint please?

Now got my top wing nearly completed and have made provision for aileron servos in this to give me the option of a four servo wing should I decide to go down that route. Got round the bits which just don`t fit and have added a couple of laminated ply braces since none are shown on the plan or included in the (early) kit, having taken on board the tip that these could clap hands.

I have actually sheeted the underside centre section where they tell you not but this can be cut away when I find out why.

Posted by cymaz on 17/03/2014 15:45:44:

Look what I found.....for sale

errrm Bought it... Not that I have enough to build already but it has moved the Pitts one down the list. Will start it in a couple of months when I get the Magic, the mass build model and a glider completed.

Do I start a new build blog or contribute to this to make it the biggest build blog known to mankind - possibly beating Danny's Piper blog? Also need to sort out an engine. 25-30cc Petrol is looking attractive.

In fact - one more blog here will make this qualify as a mass build model..

Martyn

We could keep going Martyn. If you mail a Moderator they could change my title to just All Stampe Builds. Or something like that.

That way any Stampe info is on one blog. We  have some way to go to catch up the Ebay Sellers and Pits Cafe threads.

Edited By cymaz on 19/03/2014 17:58:33

Well done Martin, it would be good to see your progress on this build thread.

I took an executive decision last night and decided to give the top wing a 2nd coat of paint even though it will add a little extra weight I think it will be worth it as the top wing is one of the first things you look at and I noticed some dust spots so decided to start sanding. I took a weight measurement with the first white coat which was 934 grams for the top wing and I'll weigh again once the second coat is on to see how much I added.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 19/03/2014 18:11:18:

Martyn, if you look at the for sale ads I have a 30cc petrol which I bought for a 72" Spit but it was physically too big. You may be interested in it.

Martin Mc.

Thanks Martin

Yes - I spotted it. I was wondering what it was too big for. I should get the kit early next week and I'll measure up to see how much space I have...

I'll be in touch, but if anyone else wants it don't wait for me..

Thanks

M

Posted by Danny Fenton on 19/03/2014 17:37:30:

Wow Martyn you are a glutton for punishment... I hope it isn't a die crushed one.... A man of your talents will beat it into shape I am sure thumbs up

You are probably right if we had chosen the Stampe as the mass build I would have been even more tempted wink 2

Cheers

Danny

Hi Danny

I have just finished a die crushed T240. It wasn't that bad, but some of the cutting left a little to be desired. I suspect because of the age I may have the same problem with this one.

Just when did Precedent transition to Laser Cutting BTW?

M

Posted by Danny Fenton on 19/03/2014 17:37:30:

Wow Martyn you are a glutton for punishment... I hope it isn't a die crushed one.... A man of your talents will beat it into shape I am sure thumbs up

You are probably right if we had chosen the Stampe as the mass build I would have been even more tempted wink 2

Cheers

Danny

Hi Danny

I have just finished a die crushed T240. It wasn't that bad, but some of the cutting left a little to be desired. I suspect because of the age I may have the same problem with this one.

Just when did Precedent transition to Laser Cutting BTW?

M