WolstonFlyer's Tucano

WolstonFlyer

No worries James ,I'll put them in the Van now so I don't forget blush got 2 days off though won't be up at Greenacres till the sat as forgot I have a physio app at half 7 fri night teeth still with an early start should be there for about 9 to half past. this morning will drag waiting for fed ex and parcel force lol

Phil

I am starting to think I should have ordered a raincoat rather than a polo shirt... I better bring plenty of teabags, there might be plenty of time for sitting in the tent!

My Phoenix 2000 arrived earlier in the week, just opened the box, it seems very good for what it costs.

I've seen the pheonix before James and was very impressed with it especially for the price our club chairman got his so high last week he lost sight for a moment made an emergency spin descent to get it back to a reasonable altitude cloud base that day was approaching 1500 feet and while he didn't make that it looked mighty close such was the power of the thermal he'd found.

my little Sky master was a good quick build but how they call it a plug & fly is beyound me lol 5hrs fitting it together looks like it will be fun though much smaller dihedral than appears on the hk product video so probably quite agile

As for the tea bags James there will be plenty in my van don't even bother with the flask mate nothing beats a fresh cuppa wink except perhaps a perfect maiden flight.

Phil

Well James a P2000, great glider, heres mine slightly modded, next step is to put it on a diet and shed a few ounces for use in the club ALES comps.

Edited By Tim @ ModelMarkings.com on 20/06/2013 21:45:19

Edited By Tim @ ModelMarkings.com on 20/06/2013 21:46:36

Its hopeless trying to hide them - the ladies see and understand far more than we think!

I was once giving a new engine a warm-up and tune in a model in the garden. It was a rather tasty new OS four stroke. After I came in the house Mrs BEB said to me "When did you get the new engine?"

"How did you know its a new engine?" I asked.

"Well I can tell by the sound its a four-stroke and you only have two of them and neither of them are in that model"!

Scary!

BEB

Back to my build!

I am quite impressed with my glue experiment, the plastic canopy is firmly fixed in place but the glue lines do need covering over with trim, the glue has dried a bit "lumpy" rather than totally clear. I think I let the contact (like) glue go off a bit too much before joining the two parts together.

The good news is that after a careful bit of trimming with the very sharp sissors on my Swiss army knife the canopy does actually fit on the model (ish), there are a few gaps where the angle of former F5 seems to have moved a bit but I am happy with it.

canopy-fits.jpg

I still have some of the fiddly bits that will no doubt take me ages like something for the canopy magnet to errr - magnet down onto, and the nose to finish and the rudder to install and all of the hinges and the part where it may all go wrong, the covering.

Wow that is scary guys..

I think my wife has just decided to ignore the various planes that keep arriving for the time being... I think she knows I am "bonkers" but the planes are safer than the motorbike I nearly didn't come home on one day.

I got a very large second hand Hangar9 F22 Raptor with SC .46 in the nose a couple of weeks ago (my first IC model). She has walked past it every day and so far the only comment was "I bet that thing is fast with that engine at the front".. So yes they do notice a lot and don't always say something!

That is very true BEB !

Yikes Martin that is a massive number of planes - although if I had a garage or workshop (or shed) I would probably end up with quite a few. Mine are currently cluttering up various corners of the house, I am actually amazed that the kids have not broken my models yet.

Edited By WolstonFlyer on 20/06/2013 22:57:01

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 20/06/2013 22:52:00:

Just seven completed and ready to fly/attend out of seventy odd? Cannot believe it. Make it eight cos I am greedy and have two!

just been on one of the attendance threads and thjought I could count 13 so with you having 2 make that 14 hope its more on the day

Didn't realize you were 6'6" James that'll make you easier to spot lol

Over 70 kits were sold - plus of course folks who have built from the plan and supplied their own wood.

But you'd be surprised - on a typical day we get 2-3000 unique logins to the forum. How many of those actually post? Maybe 100? So it perfectly possible - indeed likely - that there are many Tucanos we don't know about from people who don't post but like to follow the forum. Its a free country - at the moment!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 20/06/2013 23:05:19