Hobbyking Giant P-51 Mustang Unboxing Video

Kelly

Advert

Your unboxing video was going very well until you stated that you had already opened the box before recording started and then began to to compare the Hobby King model with an E-flite model.

I don't know why you bought the Hobby King model if you had done so much research.

The Hobby King model comes complete with Retracts and is sold for $165 while the E-flite model is $399.99 and does not have retracts included - $90 extra. The fact that you purchased it at a discounted price does not make for a fair comparison. Also the Hurricane is 1400mm wing span wile the Mustang is 1550mm.

Rant over.

(BTW, I have no connection with HK other than being a very happy customer)

First of all let me say thanks for taking the time to post the vids,pity some of the critics dont make a vid.I think somewhere you did mention what you paid for it ,does not alter the poor quality if i had recieved it in that state i would have sent it back.i think we in Britain dont complain enough about poor quality.I have spent quite a bit of time in America and i can assure you they dont accept poor quality.Looking forward to the next installment.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Cheers for the positive feedback.

I have done a fiew build blogs on this forum and I am by no means a Hobbyking basher, the camera in this case does not lie smile o.

Will be after Christmas when the next bit of painting goes on Youtube .

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 18/12/2012 20:04:58

Right - I have just had to undertake some very drastic surgery on this thread. It so happened that the mod team was busy this afternoon or this would have been nipped in the bud. I can only apologise for the fact that it wasn't. As you can appreciate we do have full time jobs and so occasionally we have to leave you all in the hope that you will "play nicely" - sadly that wasn't the case was it?

So, a couple of points;

1. Several posts have been deleted - the most common reason being that they were seriously off topic. In a few cases it was because they contained unacceptable personal comments. Neither are tolerated but personal insults are particularly unacceptable. A very few posts were lost because, although acceptable, they no longer made sense because of other posts having been deleted. As I've said before - we do not delete posts lightly and would very much prefer not to have to do so. But the content of some posts here was utterly unacceptable and actions separate to this post will result.

2. This forum welcomes all posts relevant to RC model flying that are in line with the Code of Conduct and the Terms and Conditions of use. If you're not interested in a post then don't read it! What you don't do is make personally insulting remarks about the poster - we will not tolerate that. To paraphrase and take a few liberties with Voltaire - gliding bores the pants off me, but I'd fight for the right of glider guiders to post to their heart's content on here!

So, back to the thread - albeit somewhat abridged. Please keep on topic, the topic being the quality of packaging used by various suppliers and traders. Thank you. I'm going for a lie down in a darkened room now!

BEB

Hi Trevor.

I agree. there are several large models of the Mustang for sale on the Hobbyking web site all seem to differ in quality and price.

I purchased mine during the sale week for £68.

It can be made into a good model with a few repairs and tweaks.

The purpose of the thread is to show this particular model upon delivery to me.

I am also trying to master my video camera blush.

Has your son done a build blog ?.

It would be helpful to see how the model went together, plus if the four blade prop, servos, Esc motor and U/C etc are performing ok.

Cheerssmiley

Kelly

I hadn't seen the video when I posted earlier (they are blocked at work), but now I have, I'm not sure if it's the same model that my lad bought. I'll show him the vid. and post again in a couple of days. By the way, this type of video is very useful to those thinking of buying a particular model - those who aren't interested don't have to watch!

Kelly

We've looked at the video again and yours is definitely not the one my son bought. His was from the UK warehouse, titled P51D Gunfighter 1600mm, currently retailing at £142.04. His came in a longer box than yours, with a 1-piece fuselage. The wing assembles into a removable 1-piece unit. The retracts and all servos were pre-installed, and everything was undamaged and worked.

It's had about 5 flights so far, and goes really well - we measured about 800W on the ground. For the price you paid for yours, you'd expect to do a bit more work. The damage doesn't seem too bad. Check carefully if all the electrics work - even if you have to replace the odd item you've still got a bargain, and there's no reason why it shouldn't fly as well as ours.

Good luck, and be sure to post a flying video (if the rains ever stop.....)