Ton Van Munsteren's P-51 Mustang

Ton van Munsteren

Hi Richard,

Thanks for building the Mustang and must say sorry for that the part FH is missing on the drawing.

Even more sorry because RCME did send me the drawing to check and I overlooked it twice, I really do need new glasses.

Iam not at home at this moment but will be tomorrow and will do my best to set the part into an PDF file.

Please send me an pm with your email adress so I can send you the file.

Sorry again but I do hope you like the Mustang building and specialy the flying.

Ton

Advert

Posted by Ton van Munsteren on 24/12/2012 12:19:52:

I like the Lipo 3S 2200mah packs and also use them in the Siebel and Tailwind, the only thing Iam now looking for is a charger to charge 4 pack's at the same time so I don't have to wait between flights wink.

Ton

Hi Ton.

I use an Etronix Powerpal 4. It's a brilliant multi charger.

kevinb

Ton

That was quick...many thanks for the PDF. I will certainly post some pictures of my build.

One quick question, I have the Typhoon 29/12/10 motor on order, are the 7 holes drilled in F2 specifically for that motor ?

imag0110.jpg

Thanks

Rich

Edited By Richard Elliot on 05/05/2013 20:13:45

Richard,

Your welcome and looking forward to the pictures.

The holes on the drawing are for the T29 but that was for the prototype motor which Iam still flying with.

The production motor of the T29 is different and has 4 mounting holes and more cool holes.

Just send a pdf with the correct holes so you can make the F2 with the holes for the motor you ordered.

I would suggest not to drill the cool holes they are not needed when flying on 3S lipo and will weaken the F2.

Kevin,

Thanks for mentioning the Etronix Powerpal 4 and what size lipo's are you charging and to what amp.

Ton

Just fairly standard small 2s (helicopter) and Overlander sport 26Cs (2200mah-3s) at the moment, as well as other types of battery, I will check the chargers manual for you in the morning. If you want to pm your e-mail address I could scan the manual and send you a copy.

kevinb

Hi Mario,

Great to know you like the Mustang and would love to see the build of your foamie version.

Think the best option would be to check the bookstores for the magazine.

Alternative would be ordering the plan from"My Hobby Store" check this link **LINK**

Or order the magazine as an back issue and check this link **LINK**

Iam hoping this will help you to get your Mustang plan and please post some build pics of your model.

Ton

Hi Ton. Thanks for a great plan. I have just cut out the parts to make a 'Galloping Ghost' style sports flyer from your Drawings. I may be missing something, or not read it, but is there any down-thrust or off-set reqired for the motor? Also, you say that you have 'foiled' a few aircraft before, does the metal coating affect the 2.4 signal?

cheers, Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for selecting the Mustang and great you will transform it into the Galloping Ghost which was a great racer.

Specially fun reading your build thread and knowing you didn't even like the Mustang but my plan convinced you to go for it.

Having seen your Spitfire thread Iam sure you will make a great model out of it.

On my model Iam flying no downtrust or offset but that will also depends on what prop you will be using.

Yes I have foiled models but still use my 35mhz in those models, was planning on using my Futaba 2.4 in my YAK 23 but have not yet done that.

If it helps I have done a test earlier with my 2.4 placing the receiver in a aluminium tube which was still working, did not do a range test so Iam not 100% sure if it will work in my models at full range.

Ton

Hi fellas, had a read of the article and looked at the plans but can't find any mention of dihedral to the wing but looking at the pictures there's deffo some on the finished article....or is it me, have I missed something.....G

Hi Ton,
thanks for the reply. I checked the printed parts against the plan and there is a discrepancy with the sizes. It does not match like the above picture. I have modified it to suit but you might want to check the size on the PDF file as the overall length is 52 were it states 57. Not a massive problem but thought you might be interested.
regards chris

Chris,

Yes I though so, that is why I did mention the size on the PDF to check because there will always be a deviation when printing. The setting was 1:1 from cad to pdf file so that should be 100% its more the printer page setting that could not be 100%. Had it myself with an E-glider when printing A4 pdf's which later showed that the wingspan was not 2mtr but like 97% of that 2mtr.

Enjoy the build and please do post some pics if you can.

Ton

Hi Chris,

Glad to be of help, you can ask Puffin Models if they have the RBC vac parts.

Another option is making the nose hatch part from balsa or foam and look on the Internet for a Mustang canopy which is close to the size needed for the Mustang.

Or why not make it your self and maybe there is a member of your club who can help you making the parts.

Ton