Ton Van Munsteren's P-51 Mustang

Ton van Munsteren

Have been flying my RBC Hawk 75 and Spitfire Mark 1 and it was time for a new model to go with this size which I like a lot.

mustang p51 d.jpg

Having a kit of the LA5-FN and the AT6 Harvard but wanted a Mustang P51 first to build and fly with, so designed my own Mustang because the RBC Mustang had flat sides which is not the shape I like for my Mustang.

So here we go and lets build that Mustang.

mustang p51d (000).jpg

mustang p51d (1).jpg

Design ready so the build can start

mustang p51d (00).jpg

mustang p51d (02).jpg

mustang p51d (03).jpg

mustang p51d (04).jpg

mustang p51d (05).jpg

mustang p51d (06).jpg

mustang p51d (07).jpg

mustang p51d (08).jpg

mustang p51d (11).jpg

mustang p51d (12).jpg

mustang p51d (13).jpg

mustang p51d (14).jpg

More pics later

Ton

Advert

Wooo did not get an notification, was just looking if there was any interest in the Mustang so thanks guys for the compliments.

Phil, the program Iam using is Rhinocerus for me its a lot easier to work with than Autocad which I also have, but only use to check the my drawing in dwg or dxf which than can be send to RCM&E. If you like to have a go with the program go to the following link for an evaluation version Rhino5

Ton

Thanks Tim,

Yes there could be an extra cell used if you like lots of power.

But for me its not needed , Iam flying the Spitfire and Hawk 75 on 3 cells which gives me a scale like performance. They both have flown earlier on a geared speed 600 and a 7 cell nicad pack (good old days of speed 600) they now fly on the Typhoon T29 with static Amps under 20 and even doing nice Cuban 8 which for me is good enough.

I like the Lipo 3S 2200mah packs and also use them in the Siebel and Tailwind, the only thing Iam now looking for is a charger to charge 4 pack's at the same time so I don't have to wait between flights wink.

Ton

CS,

Don't know if the kits are still there , yes those Funfighters are great with a 20 or even 25 2T.

Never had one myself but have learned more about handlaunch from seeing the Funfighter type models flip on launch.

With those high power motors at full rev on handlauch the tork was so high that those models flipped when the launch was not fast enough.

A good thing for me learning not to launch my Spitfire and Hawk at more than 3/4 power or even less.

Ton