did this really happen?

bouncebounce crunch

Advert

Malcolm, in Oz we lose a lot of teens to vehicle accidents, drunk or speeding mates mostly the cause. (so called -misadventure)

Injuries from rugby union and league don't even rate a mention unless you are in the top tier, but there would be plenty sitting at home with knee,facial and other body bruising injuries that never get a mention for sure.

Sounds about right for the Daily Mail. Day (years) late and a few million short.

I have the original cutting from some news paper. I must ask my neighbour for todays maper and see if it is in there. Maybe I can extract the Michael or something from the Mail.

I seem to remember that the fin had been glued on without removing the film from the gluing area.

Only this weekend a woman was killed and a child seriously injured when a rally car ploughed into the crowd in Scotland. Accidents do happen.

Edited By Peter Miller on 18/02/2013 11:06:54

I don't know how the original link was picked up but if you do a search on Acrowot from the DM main news page this is what you get - notice the date:

17/04/2003 08:16:29

A schoolgirl was killed after being hit by a model plane as she walked with her mother and sister on Dartford Heath

I'd take a guess that the date on the page header in BBC's link always shows today's date and is not related to the story listed.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 18/02/2013 12:07:11

If you google the poor girls name you will get a link to her tribute page. It was 2003 when she was killed. I think the Mail is behaving shamefully in publishing it again. What would her family and friends think. If its actually in todays paper I think using their tragic story to fill a few column inches a decade later is disgraceful ! Even if its just on the website it shows a complete lack of respect.

Edited By Hogster on 18/02/2013 13:31:12

Has this REALLY been published again or is it - as Bob suggests - just a quirk of the way the webpage displayed whatever search picked this article up which makes it seem like its today's headline?

I've just gone to the mail online and this story isn't there under today's news now, in my browser

Guys - I am no fan of the DM - heaven forfend! - but in this case I must spring to its defence. It has not just published this - the story is simply in its archive and BBC has found it. The only thing the DM is guilty of is perhaps not making the date of historic stiories more obvious when they are retrieved onto its website!

It just like someone pulling up an old thread on here - but at least all out posts are clearly dated. Having say that it doen't seem to stop the odd one or two of us hastly answering questions from posts that are 5 years old! embarrassed

BEB

Thanks for all the input.

My original question was did this really happen, because there was no date attached and i didn't recall ever hearing about it, i wasn't sure at first of authenticity. I believe that an ARCHIVE notice should be attached to the page, so others like me when they come across them don't rehash as latest news.

thanks again bbc.

Edited By bouncebouncecrunch on 18/02/2013 22:03:28