Manston air show

Advert

• 1 month later...
Oh dear...

Wish I didnt go.. no ww1 biplanes as far too windy. Show was disorganised.. announcements poor and inaudible.. no traffic direction when we left.. hotch potch of traders all over the place .. wont go again for a few years!

It was disappointing that many of the lighter and more vulnerable planes could not fly, but this is not the organisers fault. We sat on the flight line just by the wind sock and heard all the announcements, no problem getting in or out I went on my Bike. I thought that given the gaps in the program they coped quite well.

Definitely not blaming the organisers for lack of planes ! I went especially for the Be2 and was therefore dissapointed crying

If you were near the windsock you were not far from me then... However we struggeld to hear any announcements and some of them were over the music... I think overall it lacked an airshow atmosphere? maybe because many of the traders may have stayed away regards the weather? Also there was no presence from the military... or not much that I could see.. or are they keeping a low profile in light of redundancies? However the Vulcan was awesome.

Now you make me wish I kept my bike - in and out of the show in SECONDS wink

I went with my family ,It was a total shambles ,we too could not hear any announcements,Too many gaps inbtween flying ,poorly organized parking ,traffic jams miles long , my father inlaw turned round after 3 hours in traffic ,Poor traders ,only one way in and out of the display and it was chaos , ill never go again and its only 10 miles from my house ,Duxford and Bournemouth for us

I went in by bike so no problems however I did feel sorry for those that came in from miles away and ended up in a jam for hours and then didn't even get in! Felt slightly dissappointed with the show overall, it lacked a certain atmosphere, half the planes didn't fly but this was because of the (never ending) strong wind which totally got on my nerves! Great to see the Vulcan fly but got the impression he didn't  waste too much fuel on his display!  Not sure if I'll bother next time.

Edited By Trots on 24/06/2013 07:20:23

Yes the Vulcan was a bit ... brief...

We left around 4, and there were still people coming in and buying tickets.

Poor Traders? I was in heaven!!! So many cheese stalls to choose from. Oh it was an AIRSHOW I was at...

Anyone thought of emailing the organisers?

Posted by Stevo on 24/06/2013 12:18:59:

""We would ask for people to email their views and their personal experiences to enquiry@heritage-events.co.uk so we can respond appropriately to each person individually.""

These are the people organising the Southern Model Airshow (what used to be the Hop Farm show) in September. Fingers crossed they make a better job of that!