Pick a plane 2008

my three penny's worth are:

chipmunk.........

sea fury............

catalina............

shame they are all military,

David, maybe next time we should vote for an aircraft classification category BEFORE voting for the aircraft eh?...........be more intresting and maybe a good list of very different aircraft.................

vince

My personal preferance is for a model that would also double as a scale trainer so high wing electric seems to be a good start.

1. Fiesler Storch

2. Westland Lysander

3. D.H. Chipmunk   i know this is low wing but would also fit the bil

Thanks to Mr. N. for all his brilliant plans but as I detected in an earlier thread perhaps more for the Lekkies or maby design a plan with a choice of power plants.

---------------------UPDATE--------------UPDATE------------------UPDATE--------------------UPDATE-------------                                            WEATHER  FORCAST FOR LOCATION OF "SOMERSET"             FINE at first, Light winds from the S.E  to 10kts.  Then changing to N.W.  10 to 25kts. Rain expected in the Yeovil aera.by mid afternoon.                                      "Somerset  Weather Station"

G'day

My top three in no particular order.

Westland Whirlwind (ic 20 to 60 size)

Douglas Skyraider (ic 20 to 60 size)

and last but certainly not least the Consolidated Catalina (20 to 60 size)

any of these three would make a great plane

---continuing on-- The T. Nijhuis Stakes.    Whirlwind  in front, passing the 20mt post,  by a nose, of Lysander,Beaufighter and.........."WHATS"  all the noise coming from the Member's Stand, ... your not going to believe this,....... some idiot has brought a "duck" to the races, .....I can see it now It's a Grumman Duck,  I can tell by the long pointy, low underbelly, and the security are trying to catch it, ..............I think there going for Dr. Browning, ....... NO..... It's crashed into the nets trying to take off,...  (Uhhfff there goes my Sunday lunch), Where was I???....... "Ah yes......."Whirlwind by a nose, Lysander, Beaufighter and Catalina close behind, then Skyraider,Stuka, fighting it out, Storch has finally untangled it's long legs and is not far from the leaders,Mossie heads the next bunch with Fury and Chipmunk on the rails, Hurricane is slowly catching up, some rumors say that the jockey got of and had "kick start" the ole girl,...........Me109, well, I noticed the battery trolly heading that way,........Yes it is moving now,... "hoofs" stuck in the mud................... but what's this....... Rain and wind appraoching. this will upstset the lightweights......................                                                    B