Pick a plane 2008

WELL, "GUYS" / "CHAPS" / "MATES" / "BLOKES" and of course the "LADIES", unacustom to public speaking, err... writing, It looks as tho I have the pleasure to start this  voting off , (by pure chance only). Well if you did not read my " contributions"  before, in the 500 odd , I will start again, Westland Whirlwind, twin engine fighter 1936 to 1947, most taken off duty in 1943. 2 sqds only  #263 and #137 , 112 built, faster than the "Spit" in it's day, single seater, more firepower than any, until the Beaufighter and Mossie. Very straight forward wing plan (for a model) elegant lines, high tailplane, "loads" of rudder and elevator , even in the true scale dimensions,simple "bubble" cockpit, straight "fuz" lines, BIg nacelles and low wheel height.   OK, There is ONLY 2 or 3 plans available IN THE WORLD, I know because I have built 2 of them (great flyers), there are DOZ.s of Hurries, Spit's, Mossie's, (have a look on internet) , so, WHY do we need another "done before".THIS aircraft is as simple to build as a "Typhoon" except it's got 2 "power plants"( i.c or elect .). NOT hard, just a little bit more care..... TONY, IT is prudient of me, with and without retracts,  ic. or elect and a enlargement service, for the bigger builder's(my thoughts).  Anyway, IF you want something different in spring to be "oggled" at by you club mates, YOU MUST VOTE ....   1,    Yes,.. ONE, WHIRLWIND........WHIRLWIND by Westland. Thanks David 

Hurricane

TRAa, TRAa,  Tra,Tra Tra tra traaaa, "Welcome Race goers to the Tony Nijuhs 3000 mt. Stackes" .        "Gate are open AND there OFF, Whirlwind, got a good start, Chipmunk,close behind,  Catalina,Fury,and Beaufighter, a little further back  then comes Lysander, Skyraider, Mossie, and Hurricane all "bunched up" and Stuka back athe rear....... looks like there has been a late scratching.............. It's another 750mt's to first "jump" who will be there first???????". "will the fav be out raced"    (to be continued)    B             

For the same reasons as Barry (ie done a gazillion times) can we not have the Hurricane, repeat NOT the Hurricane. If your a Huzza fan I'm sorry but you already have multiple plans to choose from. I beg all you decent upstanding modellers NOT to choose the Hurricane. I love the plane prefer it to the Spit but please vote for something where plan options are more limited.

My choices are.....................wait for it

1. Catalina

2. Storch

3. Sea Fury

May the best plan win

Keith 

YES Racegoers, it's a wonderfull sight...............What???...HE's not...... Why........IS it being sorted out?.....yea ,yea.................OK  I will inform the "crowd",..............." Ladies and Gentlemen it seems that the promotinal company, for this race, has mispelt  the sponsers name wrong, "Tony Nijhuis"... ALL those who bought  todays race books,  Will be refunded, on the way out, we appoligies, .....NOW,  Back to the race"........B 

YOEVIL, Somerset, Daily Mirror's  Betting Guide.    Race 4 T.Nijhuis  3000 mt Stakes.----  1  Hurricane  5/4 on...... 2  Whirlwind... evens......3  Chipmunk.....4/1....4  Catalina...7/1.....5    Fury....3/1......6  Beaufighter....3/1......7   Mossie......7/2.......8    Skyraider.....6/1.........9    Storch......7/1........10    ME 109......3/1......11   Lysander........7/2...........12    Stuka......4/1.   this was complied by your favorite breakfast company "haveachat "  Thank you

1. Westland Whirlwind

2. Consolidated Catalina

3. Douglas Skyraider

Let's not have the Storch, Mosquito or Me 109, because they've all been done in the magazine in the past few years.

And not another Hawker single engined WW2 fighter please. There are plenty of other interesting types to choose from.

Hope the Whirlwind wins - its a lovely design