Pick a plane 2008

Hello there Barry. Have you had a count up yet? I have! Not counting your 1001 votes and plugs the Whirley comes  SECOND. by a short head.(that is discounting all the loose and the lost threads).By the way the photo looks better for being a silver/aluminium, rather than the drab camouflage which I don't think did it any favours. Good luck  G-ROBS.

Barry W the web address is www.kitcutters.com and the kit is laser cut from a Don Smith plan, which has to be purchased seperately, so you can go it alone if you wish. i think if you click on the RCM link at the top of the home page and search the plan link there is a plan for a 40"-48" electric model, it is hand launch with no gear so it really does not cut it for me..

My choice would be:-

1)   Westland Whirlwind

2)   Westland Lysander

•                             3)   Bristol Beaufighter

Thanks Graham, yes, I have done many counts, LIKE, everyday,( monday 8.56 am) I have "her"  =  to another one, and thanks Tony  R. I did find it late last night, At  almost 10ft. wing, that's way to big for me, and Kevin S,Thank you, ihave that on my Fav's list. For those of you following the "race" I'll do it later today. Many thanks , and VOTE....... ONE........ ( you all know).       Barry 

continuing   on.........the T. Nijhuis 3000mt  Stakes..............".AT the  75mt post   Its.. Whirlwind and Lysander ' neck and neck"  1/2 a lenght to Beaufighter , Stuka, Chipmunk and Hurricane has moved up as well",......." close behind then comes Cataliner",........" Mossie is on her tail with Fury following, Skyraider and Storch waiting for a opening, Me 109 still carn't get herself into top rev's yet" ......" Oh, look who's here, Basil AND Sybil Faughlty",.........."the bloody Grumman duck has escaped  the men in black and has flown up and ino the members stand, where it's landed on counciller Ms Alice Petters race day hat ( well known family in the Westland aera, daughter the late Edward Petters, had something todo with a  factory around here)",Never married, you know"." As I talk it has flown of , leaving behind, what all ducks do,a watery trail of "doings" down her back. Yes it's heading for the "shrubbery" in the middle of the lake".........."where the knights of Neek, (nic), are still having problems with"..........          Bee  

I have to say that I approve of the Warbird theme although a Stipa Caproni (Flying Barrel !) might have caused a bit of a stir !

That aside, here's my vote: 

1 Fieseler Storch (About 25 - 30 sized, electric with full flaps, slats and fully sprung u/c - and really go for the STOL capability !)

2 Westland Whirlwind (Bigger - say  80- 90 "  probably electric / with sound?)

3  Westland Lysander (90 FS sized or elec)

All should be accurate as far as possible and capable of carrying good detail...

Rob

Rob, you are asking for a 25-30 size aircraft( Storch or Lysander) with functional flaps, slats and "sprung U/C, I do believe that  would take  a much bigger  power house than a 25-30, how are you to "house " all of those servos in such a very skinny tapered  wing", sitting on top of a very open cockpits, (on both suggestons), we don't build in duralium, only ply and balsa. Even with mini sevo's, the complexity of getting these functions to work, "correctly"  and "every time", is far away from a "free plan" in RCME,   my thoughts .  Barry 

If I had to choose it would be the Mosquito then the Hurricane then the Beaufighter  

But I would like to see

1) IC -  Handley Page Halifax - about a 7' wingspan would be nice. Why? Because my Grandfather flew in them during the WW2 and they are always overshadowed by the Lanc.

2) The Spruce Goose Boat Plane by the american recluse, can't think of his name something Howard but that would be a challenge.

3) Harrier. Why? it would be nice to see, if it hasn't been done already, a scale VTOL jet and the Harrier is the best of them all.