Pick a plane 2008

Race 4  ..Yoevil............ at the  200 mt post ...."its still Whirlwind and Lyslander heading the rest ( stable mates),"..." looks like the weather is changing," ..." Stuka has gained a bit of ground" ..." followed by Hurricane, what a run she has had" ,...."Beaufighter heads the next group, with Mossie at her neck".".then comes Fury, Chipmunk, and Catalina,"......" Skyraider, up with that bunch",...... Storch and Me109 a length behind............"there is still a comotion in the "shrubbery", "I fart in your generale direction, filthy english pig dogs", Shouts the obnoxious frenchman, (swing back to the members stand ) Ah Ah, Basil Fualtaba is now talking to the stewards, mmm "that's odd",..... and look,... here through the gate comes Inspector Morse, , followed by 2 men in strange outfits, white "dry-as- bones" and Black glasses, ..... What's going on 'ere then.................. AND where is Sybil....             Bee

Geoff , I do appreicate what all our forefathers did, otherwise we would be "goosestepping" instead of "marching", and most of us down here would be "raising the rising sun" flag.... Some you have seemed to have "missed MY  point", what I am "pushing " for, There are plenty of plans  for most of the aircraft , " on the list", MY reason for these "plugs" is so WE have a realistic  model of an aircraft that has not been " flogged" to death, by so many designers. I grant , to all, your Fav's, but WHAT is missing in the selection of available plans, is the Whirlwind,  For a miserable Aus $3.00 /$ 5.00, (1/2 that in england) on C.D. you can  obtain almost any of the one's " on offer". DO ANY of you really want another plan of, so many done before.  IS it because it's "free" or do  you "really wanted to build one" of the many plans available, IF is,.... then go out and buy one, I am asking you ALL, not for my sake, IT is so, WE have a CHOICE, at this point in time is very limited. It is in our heritage to keep  all of the memories alive, and what more can we do, than  in "recogonizing" one of the FEW, that helped????.   and how many of you put the MAG in the most sacred spot, " yes I will build that one day", in the meantime there's a aircraft  plan that will not get exposure.......Think About IT...............And it is a elegant Twin.....   Barry

My Personal selection would be headed by the Bristol Beaufighter - we were evacuated to Bath after being bombed out in Romford - my father was directed to Bristol Aircraft and built Beaufighters. The Catalina is so pretty and the Fiesler Storch so useful and ugly. John

We were bombed out in London and my father was directed to work for Bristol Aircraft on Beaufighters (he was invalided out of the Royal Engineers - saved his life he always said) so naturally (being also a quantity surveyor ) the Ministry for War Labour found him the wrong square hole...We were bombed out again in Bristol...He rose to be Assistant to the Cheif Test engineer on the statistical side of testing to destruction.

So Bristol Beaufighter 

Fiesler Storch

Catalina

Best wioshes John