Pick a plane 2008

My last word, before I rest my head,WHAT is IT, with you guys, chaps, mates or whatever,Danny F.. yep I read all the "threads", IF you really want a Hurricane,there is at least 10 on the the web' rcme, scale models, and any of the "sites" . IF you  do not have "price" to buy one, email me,  do we need another plan for a Hurricane / Spitfire,  or is it because it is" so called FREE, ( oh, soory,. darling, that mag cost an extra 50p/ 75p, this YEAR) ,  OH shit, ww3 going to happen,"build a bridge".... Barry  

Advert

I hope you are able to help me, we took our Grandsons to Lapland last year, our eldest Grandson would like a model of the plane we went on it was white with red design of Reindeer and Sleigh on the side of the plane and the words were Reindeer One, have you any idea where we could purchase one of these PLEASE.

The Race..Tony Nijhuis 3000 mt Stakes...............continuing on............"Whirlwind in front, by a long neck on Lysander and Hurricane"...." nose to nose as turn into the 1500 mt. bend"......... "Stuka keeping them honest",......."Mossie, a little off her shoulders"....."Beaufighter close"....... "then" ..."it's"..... "Catalina"...... "1/2 a lenght behind is"......... "Chipmunk"...."Fury..battling on"........"just behind is"......"Skyraider"..........."a length  behind Storch"......"I think the oncoming wind has slowed her down," ...."and Me 109 behind her,  "she didn't get a really good start"................"As was forcasted, the dark clouds are moving in, I hope it dosn't rain yet"..........."looks like the 'bobbys are still watching the "felon",........ Ahh,.... I can see Inspector Morse talking to the "stewards", pointing at the "vial" in his hand,.......And What Is Basil,  interferring in their conversion for"?.... "over in the shrubbery the Knight's of Neec(nic)" ... "still asleep.(thinking to myself),...." I hope the rain does come and put that bloody fire out",.....there's smoke every where"................Bee

World War 2 aircraft in the main have been done to death and you can download plans by the hundred for them off the internet, aircraft such as all Mks of Spit, Hurricane, Mosquito, Lanc, Mustang, P47, P38,Typhoon, Tempest, Sea Fury, Lysander, Me 109, Fw190 and loads more are to be had for free off the internet.

Just this afternoon I downloaded an excellent set of plans for a lysander from http://plans.aerofred.com/ and their are hundreds more on this one site alone to be had for the asking so what is the point of Tony putting in loads of hours and RCM&E footing the bill to produce something that has been done a dozen times before? for gods sake put your thinking caps on lads and come up with something rare and original that we can be proud of rather than just another also-ran,

regards,            Terry

Heyford, Hampden, Dornier 17Z, a 'proper' Ju88 plan or one of the big powerful Japanese fighters of the late war years? forget the Zero and lets have a 'Rex' or a 'Jack' to play with, a Ki-46-III would be nice or a Nakajima J1-N1-S Gekko which was a very affective Japanese night fighter.

When we start discussing prospective candidates for future free plans why do we usually end up with something either British or American and something you can guarantee is available already for a few quid outlay? is it the fact it is a freebie plan that causes this preoccupation with allied aircraft?,

regards,       Terry

FREE PLAN, great,????.  Terry L...most of us, spend hundreds of $s (aussie keyboard) on our hobby every year, and  YET you can get almost every plan "on offer", downloaded, or for a few quid, off the web,Model mags plan service's(any publication) also has the same one's avialable, EXCEPT ONE aircraft. I am astounded by the lack of interest in an aircraft  that rarly gets any attention at all, as you have said there are dozen's of aicraft to choose from, this is no reflection on David or Tony, it is  the choices that we made. Everybody should be happy after the 28th, with another "done before" model, But I will keep "rooting" for the Whirlwind ,Who know's maybe there are still others out there who want to think "outside the norm"" Barry                      HAPPY  EASTER  TO ALL and  BE   SAFE

I think there are some good reasons why people would vote for a free plan that is available from many other sources especially people who are not experience builders and my be contemplating their first plan build. With the free plan, the plan is only a small part of what you get. You also get:

!) pre-cut wood parts

2)Cowles and canopies

3) a hand holding build article

4)access to  the designer to ask question

5) a large pool of others building the same model so lots of help with the less obvious parts of the build

6) lots of forum activity hints tips picture etc.

There is no other route to get this kind of help. 

This is also why people will be less likely to vote for a twin because many will not want the complexity of such a build and additional concerns when flying a twin.

Just my view.

Bruce 

Bruce, you are Quite correct in all of the above, That is why, I and many others, would like to see the Whirlwind done by  Tony Nijhuis, Because all of those little items would be in offering to assist and guide the "not so experienced" modeler, going on his passed designs, I would think anyway.... Barry

Pre-cut parts can be made available for any plan drawn up by Tony, canpies and nose mouldings, nacelles or whatever are easy to manufacture if there is enough call from subscribers.

If the mag can supply them for a Spit or whatever they can just as easily have them made for a Space Shuttle, the Whirlwind already has plans available for it from the RCM&E for a powered version as I recall and also for glider/PSS but I have no idea on quality etc.

I already have the glider/PSS version so by shortening the c entre wing section outboard of the nacelles I have the original span for a powered version, it is getting late in the day to change direction on a choice but maybe this discussion will stay in our minds for next time? I have just found plans for a Mansyu Ki-98 which look interesting, at 36'' span with 3 to 400 watts up the rear end it should go well,

regards,        Terry

P.S for those who dont know the Ki-98 it looks very much like the SAAB J21 with a pusher prop.