Spectrum Vs Futaba

Advert

I have Futaba, Spektrum and JR radios and they have all been equally reliable - IE 100% perfect reliability over many years and thousands of flights.

There are differences in programming and Spektrum is probably the most intuitive, but essentially all brands can achieve the same thing in the mid to high end radios.

If you set up your radio correctly and have good reliable power sources in your aircraft / heli then either of the brands will work well for you.

Here we go again. yer pays yer money and takes your choice. indecision

Some good advoce above. Find somewhere that you can get to play with each one and feel it. There is nothing wrong operationally with either system it is all down to personal preference.

Alwyn

Edited By Alwyn Gee on 17/08/2013 11:24:35

Ahh the old chestnut...

I have both, they work fine.. I prefer Futaba for programming options, more logical and straight forward.. So I guess it is down to which ever you feel comfortable using.. I have been with Futaba for 30yrs, no complaints, Spekky allows me to fly indoors in winter too, I keep my electric on spektrum too...

Futaba for me , and I've witnessed to many spectrum "occurrences" to be tempted to change.

Sorry but the whole argument bores me, go with what you feel is what you want and if your a beginner you may have to opt for the instructors choice .

Edited By Justin K on 17/08/2013 12:56:09

As an ex Futaba user, if you want ease of use and programming, look at the Hitec Aurora. The touch screen tells you everything. I sold all my Futaba 2.4 stuff to buy the Hitec.

But to answer your original question, I don't think that there is any real difference between them all.

Number 16 in the list of utterly pointless debates, from which the only conclusion that can be drawn is that we'll probably end up locking the thread sad

There is no "better", neither of them is "best" - there is only;

1. what you prefer
  2. what you're used to, or.
  3. what you are prejudiced by.

depending on your perspective!

BEB

PS Who has both Futaba and Specktrum transmitters.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 17/08/2013 18:58:30

Pros and con's not mentioned above:

Most full-range Spektrum receivers have to have a satellite module.

Spektrum has the Modelmatch feature, which prevents you flying with the wrong model memory selected.

I have got both makes, but have migrated to exclusively 2.4 so don't use my 35MHz Futaba any more. I bought my first Spekky when I had interference problems with leccy helis on 35, and Futaba didn't offer a decent spec. 2.4 set for sensible money. They do now and I would happily use either brand. I'd go with what was most popular with your fellow fliers.