Cheap airbrush

My wife has just purchased a new toy which may soon become my new toy. She's purchased a 'Rio Airbrush Tanning System' Normal price £79.99, Wowcher price £39.00. A bargain, apparently.

Well, this little device arrived today when she was out and I was in. The kit comprises a neat little airbrush which feels quite weighty in the hand and appears to have a nice smooth action, an airline and a small compressor to deliver the air.

Oh, there's also a couple of bottles of tanning solution but we're not interested in them.

As I will inevitably be asked to do the spray tan job on my Mrs, my plan is to make a bit of a botch up of it. A few runs, a couple of light patches and it will soon be consigned to the 'seemed like a good idea at the time' cupboard. At that point, it will gravitate to my workbench.

Cammo paint job, anyone???

It also comes with an 'Exfoliating Glove'. Apparently this is a bit like a light sand but, personally, I can't see it working.

Advert

Posted by Michael Ramsay-Fraser on 10/09/2013 21:24:40:

My wife has just purchased a new toy which may soon become my new toy. She's purchased a 'Rio Airbrush Tanning System' Normal price £79.99, Wowcher price £39.00. A bargain, apparently.

<snip>

It also comes with an 'Exfoliating Glove'. Apparently this is a bit like a light sand but, personally, I can't see it working.

You have to use some body filler first face 23.

Alright, I'm leaving the stage.

Ian

• 1 month later...
Posted by Michael Ramsay-Fraser on 10/09/2013 21:24:40:

As I will inevitably be asked to do the spray tan job on my Mrs, my plan is to make a bit of a botch up of it. A few runs, a couple of light patches and it will soon be consigned to the 'seemed like a good idea at the time' cupboard. At that point, it will gravitate to my workbench.

Now that is what's called using your initiative!

My wife used to run a beauty treatment business from home, and had to fold it up due to the recession, so I ended up with her beauty room as my model room, which has a few kitchen style cupboards, about 6 metres of kitchen worktop along two walls, nice hardwood flooring and hidden in one of the cupboards is her spray tanning compressor and airbrush. I already have two, but this is one of those HVLP jobbies, and is worth a lot of money apparently. Over time she has sold a few things to try and recoup some money back, like her beauty couch, nail bar and varnishes (£20 for 1 bottle of varnish, and she moans at me for spending a tenner on a cheap little motor!) It is a shame however that I spilt a bottle of Tamiya Dark Earth all over the compressor! Guess she won't be selling that now, and so like you Michael, I too will soon own one, nudge nudge wink wink......

I use that same air hose, but it gets heavy after a while, and make sure you use an airbrush holder when you put the brush down, as the weight of the hose will pull it over and either pull the whole lot on to the floor, or tip it over and the paint spills out of the air hole in the cap.

Still, it is great value for the money. Now showing -2 stock

Edited By Depron Daz 393 on 16/10/2013 19:49:35