Got My A Cert Today

Advert

Well done Shaun, the skies the limit now. The Seagul PC9 is the only one I've seem fly and it's a great follow on model from training and looks good although it's pity there's no retracts. The Bobcat is pretty hot by all accounts so go steady there.

What about the Hangar9 T34? Those retracts are lovely and the design is different. Flies well too.

well done on your certificate

Last summer i flew a smallish delta called the THING not bad to build and it went like
stink with a 25 up front but flew well slowly and glided nicely. i am not a seasoned flyer but found the delta easy to fly and cheap to buy its not scale but is very jet like
anyway good luck

stephen

Not bad at all. The wind was awful, gusting at about 15 mph, which made accurate circuits and fig8s interesting.

But when I did the dead stick it floated on forever!

My main mistake was forgetting it was a test and not calling takeoff etc even though there was no-one else on the strip.

• 2 weeks later...
I took it at my local club. Sadly I am largely self taught as I found it quite hard to find anyone interested in helping. Although having moved back to my house after years away, my new club have been great, and helped where they could. They all fly mode 1 and I fly mode 2! I really don't think it's the way to go, as I cost me many hours rebuilding my trainer. I made intensive use of the flight sim Reflex XTR as well. But I got there in the end and I am now teaching my son with some help from our version of the Stig.

Yes can understand the problem, as my club only has instructors available on odd days and when they are not there we rookies are not allowed to fly without buddy leads. This means no practice and I only get to use reflex training at home or use a local rec when its quiet and fly electric getting limited solo flying. I suppose your problem with mode use is now settled and you can go mode 2 as you wish.

Well done Shaun.

It's good that you persevered and stuck to your preferred Tx mode.

I can never remeber which is mode 1 or mode 2, but I fly with throttle on the left stick having changed to this very early on when I couldn't really get to grips with having the primary controls on separate sticks and this after my first two channel set which had rudder and elevator on separate sticks - my first forays into R/c were with single channel "bang bang" rudder only gliders.

I

I've had a look at the Tucano, good looking and as far as I can see quite solidly built. I'm getting a Tucano shortly myself, the Overlander model intended for electric motors but I'm going to put an OS25 in it. I expect the handling will be similar to the PC9 althouth the Phoenix Tucano wing looks more true to life than the Seagull model of the PC9.