Forum Politeness

Alan B

Just a copy of a comment I made in the Models and Accessories Section

Hi Nick

Just to say thanks for your politeness in  replying to Bruces solution. It is only human nature that Bruce is now thinking that his advice has been taken on board and he has helped you out with your problem. You are now happy - he is now happy and probably other members have read this and thought Oh! thats what the problem was! 

The above is only one example.  I have noticed on the forum that some members ask for solutions and various members take a lot of time and trouble to offer good advice and a possible solution.  The same problem may apply to other members and they click on the forum to see if the solution has worked.

Then on occasion you never hear from the happless chap again.  One then wonders - Did it work? didn't it work?  Which then suggests to me that the Q & A element of the forum can sometimes be a waste of time.  So come on chaps - If you ask a question and the solution/ opinion works or not.  Then please have the courtesy to reply for the benefit of all.

Al   (In Grumpy Myron mode!)

Advert

Hi Alan. Couldn't agree more, we are very lucky to have a number of  "forumites" who are happy to share their knowledge with us ( usually gained the hard way} for free. Such help should always be recognised by the enquirer and and a "thankyou" posting made ! It's good manners really.

• 3 weeks later...
I have to agree, as it only takes a few minutes to reply. This is particularly important in the classifieds section. Three times I have e-mailed a member to try and purchase an item which he has advertised for sale but have never had a reply. If the item is sold it should be removed as things will soon get cluttered up with ads if they  are not removed. The same applies to the wanted columns as well. If an item is no longer required then it should be removed from the list by the person who placed the ad in the first instance

• 2 months later...

OK................So I'm 2 months behind the rest of you,.......but nothing new there then It's something thats always bugged me on every forum That pepole are quick enough to type when they want to know something, but seem to have lost the use of their fingers when it comes to acknowledging the help given! I had a guy i'd never heard from before email me to say that he was also bidding on a kit I won on ebay, but had since bought one without instructions, and could I possibly scan them and email them back to him. which I took the time and trouble to do for him.............the whole booklet, and zilch! nen te'.........not even an kcnowlegement he'd received them.  Another guy PM'd me to ask me to dig plans out and find the C of G for him, which I obliged with.................and again nothing,........... Just darn rude in my book!

Now try and remember what you are talking about now in two months time and I might chip in again 

See Ya,

Walts.   

• 2 weeks later...

Chaps,

Just a couple of comments , by the way heartily agree with you all.

1. A short response to a query to say thanks is just like saying it when you speak to somebody. Would you (after receiving advice) just turn round and walk away - I think not unless you were one of the consitently rude brigade.

2. I have been know to reply (although not on a forum) in upper case. It usually happens when I try to type fast, hit the caps lock by mistake and then wallop the return key to send . . . . then curse for not being able to touch type!

Apologies if I have missed a point, just read thread quickly and wanted to respond - can I go home now?

Phil.

Acnolaged! I heartily agree with all said, and I believe that most members of the forum do have good ettycut (If I've spelt it too badly, I mean to say manners, but the word in question sounds better), although our forum is occasionally blighted by those who do not beleive in gratitude or manners... On the brighter side, I imagine this is alot better then many forums, with the modern "chav" of today around...

Hello,  here I am again, one of  those blokes who pop in to ask  a question and then pop out again!

What I ask may seem trivial to the clever boys, but being in Spain, the only English person in the club and the sole electric member I only know what I read or find out by "trial and error" ( Although I  subscribe to RCM&E what I read is always a month out of date, Spain is a long way away!)

To my question. I am running an ESC with switching BEC. This I understand supplies power to the servos and receiver, which is a Spectrum seven channel. To avoid low power "browning me out" is it possible to supply the receiver with power via the battery port from another source (a 7.4 lipo) and leave the power feed connected on the ESC. I read somewhere that this is possible. NOT in this mag!  If I appear to come over as a does not have a clue person I must point out that I am a second time around modeler.

Kind regards   Maurice.