The May issue Nijuis free plan teaser

Advert

Yes please.

Saw the full size at Farnborough back in the late 50's. The pilot did his display along the flight line then left, leaving the crowd waiting for the next aircraft. Unknown to us, he'd gone on a long circuit out over the town and came back over the crowd at low height (allowed then), pulled full up, blasting us with noise and heat as he went overhead, then made his exit vertically as an orange figure 8 from the afterburners. Mightily impressive to a young lad!

Won't get the figure 8 with electric, but promise to fly it in the appropriate manner if I win

If anyone wants a good substitute for polished alloy skins the heating industry uses a very thin aluminium foil sticky tape at different widths for sticking aluminised bubble wrap insulation in place, it comes in 1'', 2'' and so on up to 6'' and I found mine on eBay in the industrial insulation section.

The stuff is nice and thin with good bonding film and would be ideal for a Lightning in natural metal finish but m ake sure the surface you stick it on is perfect with no faults as it will show up every little detail and fault/sanding mark/scratch or whatever,,

regards,          Terry