Black Horse HE111

Mark Reynolds

Advert

Hi guys, the black horse model is excatly the same kit as the old graupner. there is a forum on rc groups with a build. i have one and is a lovely kit, currently doing a cockpit mod as the pilots were way out and due to change to undercarriage as its only single strut in the kit. is also a shame about the green as its a little bit garish.

Tom

Edited By Thomas Barwick on 16/11/2013 10:23:39

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Posted by David Davis on 17/05/2017 06:40:11:

Has anybody flown one of these yet?

i have flown one that belongs to a friend. its seriously over powered with 2 enya 46 4 strokes and as the thrust lines in the kit arent quite right its a bit of a handful at times. The wing is also not the best for providing lift so its quite fast. We cranked the flaps and ailerons down a few degrees to help it out and now some downthrust has been applied it is better to fly.

Looks great in the air though

You would never get the 48's in as they are too large. They would be pretty brutal performance wise too.

If you are not against some balsa bashing check out the warbirds Bf110 thread. It would be spot on for the 48's and there might be a few kits spare

Posted by Mark Reynolds on 19/05/2017 09:12:35:

Seagull models have a new mosquito out in August 17. A nice fit for those 48's I reckon. wink

isnt that for bigger engines? i thought it was flying on 20cc petrol in their videos

Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 19/05/2017 09:04:45:

You would never get the 48's in as they are too large. They would be pretty brutal performance wise too.

If you are not against some balsa bashing check out the warbirds Bf110 thread. It would be spot on for the 48's and there might be a few kits spare

Thank you Jonathan. I am planning eventually to build a Mike Booth Blenheim for a pair of your 70s and just wanted an ARTF twin to practice on. The HE111 appealed because of its large wing and tail areas.

As for building a Bf110, I am renovating a house at the moment and renting another so that means that I have two gardens to keep in shape plus the building works. I am also finishing off a Baron 1914, a DB Sport and Scale Auster and an ARTF Acowot. After those I have the Hurricane to build, which will be my first model with re-tracts, so I really don't have the time for a Bf110 even if one appealed to me.

I have more than enough challenges to deal with for the moment! wink.