battary type

dave barrett

Advert

I use a mix of 4 cell NiCds (even in recent models as I bought quite a few when they were getting rare) and 2 cell LiFe packs with a selection of Jeti receivers and have not even had a problem when the low voltage warning went off during flight with an on load voltage of about 3.4V as a cell had died in an old NiCd pack so I don't really see a need for 5 cells.

However, I will not use NiMHs for anything I care about so can't comment from experience on their low end performance.

Edited By Martin Harris on 07/12/2013 19:52:04

Posted by dave barrett on 07/12/2013 18:46:31:
Also what servos are conpatable with mutipex recievers.

Regular servos are not receiver specific (not sure about the new SBus ones though), so any servo analogue or digital will work with your Multiplex (or Futaba/Jeti/Spektrum/JR/FrSky etc etc) receivers. Also most receivers are quite happy with any battery that can deliver between 4 and 9v, the problem comes if the battery voltage sags below 3.5v under load and the receiver will stop working at the higher end it's the servos which are the limiting factor, most servos are fine and 4 to 5 cell Nimh/Nicds and 2 cell Life but if you want to use a 2 cell Lipo without a regulator then you'd need the newer HV servos.