Servo Plug crimpers

Advert

CJS, have a look at HK SKU 347000001 available in UK warehouse for US $14.97, I have a pair of them they work much better than ones I paid 3x the price for.

Also have a look at the tutorial by Andy Green on here, **LINK**

Somewhere on the old website I think there was a video by Pete Lowe showing how, just can't find it at the mo, maybe someone else can find it.

Here are a pair from Als Hobbies.

I wouldn't recommend soldering, this makes the joint hard, and could be a fracture point. One of the reason we use multi strand cables for our wiring.

I know we all solder our battery and power connectors, but crimping is always better.

Andy

PS just noticed out of stock.

Google is always your friend.

Edited By Andy Green on 11/12/2013 09:39:23

Posted by Kiwikanfli on 11/12/2013 04:35:07:

CJS, have a look at HK SKU 347000001 available in UK warehouse for US $14.97, I have a pair of them they work much better than ones I paid 3x the price for.

Also have a look at the tutorial by Andy Green on here, **LINK**

Somewhere on the old website I think there was a video by Pete Lowe showing how, just can't find it at the mo, maybe someone else can find it.

Thanks KKF, ordered, should be here end of week, I pick up from the warehouse, only live round the corner, unfortunately, plugs out of stock, whats new with HK?

I can source some plugs off FleBay to get the immediate job done.

CJS

Sometimes but not in this case Phil, the HK ones are heavy laminated steel of the racheting type. there would be no advantage spending a heap more on ones that do the same job. Used them to make up approx 20 servo leads, not had any fail yet.

Save the money for something else you want.

Posted by simpson j on 14/12/2013 16:24:19:

Hi modelaccesssories.co.uk Goodyes

Presuming you mean modelaccessories.co.uk (with only 2 "s's" in the middle!) and were looking at these, then they're out of stock and they do look like very much more basic ones than the ratcheting type available elsewhere. I suppose they're 40p cheaper than the HK ones though!

• 1 month later...