E-Glider new design called RedEagle

Ton van Munsteren

does any one know why it is impossible to buy a razor plane from anywhere in the UK? No stock at all.

I can get one fro US, Oz, NZ Hong Kong etc. but not here. Problem then is postage 3 times the price of the plane.

If you can source one plz let me know.

Help

Ta

Posted by Glyn Calow on 07/01/2015 20:42:17:

does any one know why it is impossible to buy a razor plane from anywhere in the UK? No stock at all.

I can get one fro US, Oz, NZ Hong Kong etc. but not here. Problem then is postage 3 times the price of the plane.

If you can source one plz let me know.

Help

Ta

Have you tried Google ?

**LINK** or **LINK** or **LINK** or even **LINK** wink 2

Same old story at SLEC I'm afraid:

" David Planes are currently out of stock & are out of stock at our suppliers. They are expected soon, but unfortunately this cannot be confirmed. Do you want us to hold the order until they are in stock or to have your order sent without the plane & spare blades?"

I'll give up for now and borrow one from someone at the club.

I wouldn't bother to buy one of those tiny planes they are no use for balsa. I have one ( a gift) and it's not worth using on balsa - hardwood maybe, violin making etc maybe. Balsa needs a thin ultra sharp blade set at a low angle, and needs to be wider. When a proper modelling plane is used on balsa the actual angle the blade meets the balsa can be decreased by skewing the plane at , say, 45 degrees to the cut which eases the cut through difficult bits of wood. ( if that does not seem right think about it! ) So wider is very handy. Get a proper balsa plane if you can find one. Why are they unobtainable here?

The little planes often get sold with a matching miniature sliding bevel gauge, they are handy for aeromodelling.

Edited By kc on 08/01/2015 19:36:57