PZL-11

It's Andzi Chailerski...

Real clothes too. Double impressed. Even the remote glow doesn't sticjk out and spoil the looks. HAd to do a double take. It looked like the centre of the fuselage was on fire. On closer inspection it was a brightly lit SLEC Yellow... Doh.

What's the powerplant?

Jeff You are so so right about when to stop weathering!! you can just go on and on!

WF maiden is very near me finks !!

Pilot and cockpit all stuck in now, I've also finished painting all horns, as far as I can see no more painting to do!! so just a quick coat of satin varnish and that its!!........ I think!! ........no, just remembered got to cut wind screen once varnish has gone on.

100_4193.jpg

100_4191.jpg

100_4192.jpg

Andy

• 1 month later...

Little update on the PZL, its all done!!! I've been waiting on the struts as the one's that came was not a good fit at all, so ordered new ones, all cut and painted now.

Took her over to my flying site today to test engine and c of g and maybe take her up.

Testing the c of g it needed a little added weight to the front, it was laying a little to staight for me for a maiden, next the engine, well that started first time, got tick over sorted, so all good on that front, I had a little taxi round, all seemed fine, then the rain came again, covered her up it was only fine rain.

When the rain stopped had a feeling it wasn't long before it would rain again, so put maiden off for another day, so I took a few pictures be packing up.

s8004132.jpg

s8004133.jpg

s8004138.jpg

s8004169.jpg

s8004164.jpg

More pictures when I do the maiden.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for all the kind words through this thread.

Well the maiden finally arrived...... OMG!! if you remember I took 8oz lead off the front when I got her and I was hoping with the 91 fs on the front I would not have to put any back .....wrong!! to get the c of g right I had to add 6.4 oz back.

I get her lined up, knees knocking now!!..... open the throttle and off she went, all over the place, I really thought I was going to lose her with in the first few minutes, loads of up trim to get her to fly level, elevator is so sensitive, up there for what seemed ages ( only 5 mins) still fighting with her on the sticks, now I got to try and land her!! (now was a good time to open both eyes!!!) I know I've got to land her with some speed because of the weight, 1st attempt came in to fast so round again, few down clicks on the throttle, 2nd attempt again to fast so few more click on throttle trim, 3rd 4th attempt the same, 5th attempt she's down and all in one piece!!! that was enough for me that day, I needed a cuppa!!! no pictures from the maiden.

Next day I lower the rates, bit more expo on the elevator, and off we go again, I get her lined up open the throttle and much better this time, took off nice this time and felt better flying her, landed all ok this time, I now have had 5 flights with her and feels better each time, its not the easiest model to fly that's for sure you really have to fly her, but its a keeper for me and looks great on the flight line, I'm sure the more she goes up the more I will enjoy flying her.

img_1306.jpg

img_1454-001.jpg

img_1351.jpg

img_1490.jpg

img_1483.jpg

img_1479.jpg

img_1355.jpg

Andy

• 2 months later...