1/4 Scale Twin Turbine A10

Hi Rob

I Hope Geoff won't mind me answering this. There has been some progress with the A10 but the project is currently on hold as Geoff is very ill. I won't go into details as, all though Geoff is a very close friend, I don't feel it is my place to do so.

It is hoped that work will resume over the winter months, circumstances allowing.

Thank you for your interest and I will pass the message onto Geoff.

Advert

• 1 month later...

I have the sad duty to inform you all that our good friend and true gentleman Geoff Noble passed away peacefully in the early hours of this morning following a short but debilitating illness.

Always the pioneer of large model builds along with his best mate and builder Mick, Geoff was a regular visitor to the shop when sourcing his 'rain forest' amounts of balsa. The A10, a testament to Mick's craftsmanship and to Geoffs insatiable appetite for bigger and better remains on hold for the foreseeable future and so, apart from leaving this build post open for messages of condolences, will close as a mark of respect to this lovely man.

RIP Geoff Noble

Roy

I only got to know Geoff through meeting him at the model shop but he was the type of guy who soon became a friend. He was a smashing bloke with great enthusiasm for our hobby and it's been my great privelage to know him. I will be taking a packet of hobnobs into the shop tomorrow where we will raise our coffee cups in his memory. Sleep tight mate and happy landings.

To an outstanding Engineer and a true Gentleman in his occupation and his hobby.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Geoff many times at the model shop when I had gone in for advice with my builds. He always showed great interest and bestowed enthusiasm and advice to me.

Thank you Geoff, it will never be forgotten.

R.I.P Geoff Noble

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...