Fly r/c? Live longer

Jonnor

If you are an r/c flyer then you'll live longer, according to today's papers. Apparently a scientific study has shown that quick reactions (essential when flying a model, as we well know) in middle age reduce the chances of dying within the following 15 years. Researchers found that one's speed of reaction shows how well the nervous system is working and indicate the state of overall health. So keep that gear charged and get flying.

Advert

That's not how I read the BBC piece Jonnor. My take is that the research says people who happen to have quicker natural reactions than others, are likely to be the ones that also live longer.

I'm sure that in any cross section of R/C flyers, there will be different folk with all sorts of different natural reaction times.

Nice thought though, and of course we all naturally think we have the fastest reaction times

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 30/01/2014 15:42:39:

So those who crash the least live longest, is that it...........................

I crashed a few models last year thinking does that mean the grim reaper is hanging over me kulou

As bad as crashing a model is, it now seems it could have even more serious consequences frown