To go under the rib tapes.
Lift with the point of a knife and apply. 300 pieces .£2

and

36 CIRCLES (12 big/middle/small),
say which scale you want.£9

Regards

M

Advert

While we are on with shopping lists. I will need to order some sheet balsa for the fuselage etc. Is the standard medium grade ok or should I be trying to get light / soft sheets.

I’m trying to get a few things sorted so I can put it all on 1 order to SLEC.

That's the stuff Martyn, Terry has just been bending Mick's ear so is forewarned that there may be a few orders coming his way

Hi Nev, I would always suggest light, especially for the tail, however medium will be fine just harder to bend, you may end up planking. If the model is IC a dare say the extra rigidity wont hurt too much.

I am waiting for SLEC to get some more 6lb cubic foot.......

Another thing that I am trying to do is get 2mm balsa instead of (1.6mm) 1/16 I find 1/16 is a little too flexible especially in the lightweight density.

But please lets not get hung up on this, it will not save very much weight. If you use a little too much epoxy in the tail, you will undo any weight saving due to balsa density wink 2

Cheers

Danny

Thanks.

I'm a bit of a believer in using whats to hand, within reason. But if I have to stock up anyway then I may as well order the right stuff.

I used to just get odd sheets from the LMS as I needed them but sadly thats not there anymore. So will need to do a bit of a bulk purchase to cut down the P&P costs.

Hi Martyn lol, if they are spaced 1/4 inch apart and you need around 1440 of the blighters. I will show you another way of doing it using carpet tape and thread if you are interested? I have never used Mick's dummy stitches so cannot comment. But feel free to give it a go and you can tell us how it goes

Cheers

Danny

1 rivet, 2 rivets, 3 rivets, 4 rivets, 5 rivets , 6 rivets, 7 rivets, 8 rivets,...............................................................................................................................................................

........................................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................................1438 rivets 1439 rivets, 1440 rivets.

They're coming to take me away aha they're coming to take me away!!!!blush

There was I, gazing out across the shimmering Mediterranean through a sangria haze, beginning to recover from a total mess-up on Sunday with my Super Venom PC, when the words "rib-tapes" and "dummy rib-stitches" begin to hover in front of my eyes. I was recovering from a severe attack of "rivets" induced dementia and then get hit by this double-whammy. Possible salvation is in Danny's assurance that because the rib-stitches are so small the tapes alone will be ok, otherwise it could have been fatal!

Have a heart guys, when I was flying in the thing all I really noticed was that it was silver with some funny colour patches I'd never seen before! Life was so much simpler then.

Couldn't agree more John, (It was nice to meet you by the way, sorry there wasn't more time to have a proper natter, next time hopefully).

In spite of my historical (hysterical) aversion to too much hard work, perhaps on this occasion I will try a bit harder. I need to create an accurate dummy (appropriate) ATC corporal with thick specs as no.2 in my re-creation of WP448. In the meantime I need to fly more, reducing professional commitments is the key to this, it's clear that I've tried to do too much recently and it doesn't work! (Forgot to put the sangria in the fridge, so just had to make do with the Cava, it's a hard life (hic)! Sadly no building getting done though while I'm over here. No sympathy from the missus however.