Chip Shop

Danny Fenton

Advert

Nice summery Nigel, very useful. I have found myself charging back and forth through this thread a few times myself as it is. I can see you are going to get a lot out of this build and why not, putting this much work in you are bound too.

I see quite a few new chippy build blogs starting up, defiantly a lot of interest. Good luck to all and enjoy.

Posted by Kevin Fairgrieve on 24/09/2014 20:01:02:
Posted by Andy Muckley on 24/09/2014 19:57:02:

HI Kevin that sounds a good idea to put it on your club forum as it may get others interested in doing a bit of balsa bashing. Not sure if Danny or Chris will do the same.

I would be interested in a set of cockpit panels but don't have a pay pal account ,but if i could send a check to someone and get them posted to me or something along those lines then count me in too

Apart from four or five other`s I am the only balsa basher in the club. Even they tend to stick to kits, such as Flair. The rest tend to fly ARTF or second hand. Not a problem if that is what they want to do.

Me I like to build.

Just put a build log on there now, let's get the forum moving a bit.

CS

Thanks Colin, Nev.

I ought to add that It's on a quick and clumsy attempt to extricate the informative and build-related bits from this main thread - as seen by me, a novice. Apologies to anyone who thinks that one or more of their posts should have been included. The same goes for the blog intro summary. Apologies if I've missed anyone, it wasn't deliberate.

There are several people on here who've put a lot more in than me Nev, but thanks. With the level of participation and involvement in this build project, and the people in it, I can see that it's going to be a cracker. I know that I'll get a huge amount from it!smiley

Hi Barry, the day is here finally! If its general info that everyone needs to read then this chip shop thread. If its your own build then start your own thread but keep it in the chip shop section. The mods dont want us infecting the rest of the forum with detailitis!
Cheers
Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 01/10/2014 08:31:19

Hi Charles welcome aboard. Dennis, the builds have started so I suggest you check out the other threads under the chip shop section. My thread is titled poor mans Spitfire and i have started with the rudder. Take a look and in conjunction with the plans see if you can follow whats happening. If you need me to cover bits more thoroughly then please just let us know. I said at the outset that this is not a simple build, but between us all i am sure we can see you through to the end

As Kev says you will not get the answer twice lol.
Yes ca can end with a brittle joint but it is still stronger than the wood around it in my opinion. I build models to fly rather than get abused and its never been an issue. The bonus in sandability and speed make it worthwhile for me. But you go with what your gut tells you. There is no right or wrong way in aeromuddling

I've been interested in the idea of using an Evo 61 petrol in this, partly because I've never tried petrol before, the power characteristics I thought could be very suitable and for me very important from my experience so far, not having to worry about oil going everywhere from a close in exhaust which is essential to avoid spoiling the look of a scale model. Bob Cotsford had reported that he was using one of these in his Frog Mustfire, so I asked him about it. He clearly had some reservations, so I thought I would ask him again later when he'd used it a bit more. Here is his answer, which he said I can share. There is enough information here to make up my mind that it won't be the right choice for me. Except for the sound, it looks as if electric could be the best choice, but I'm not keen on large batteries and all of the charging paraphernalia for comparatively short flights, so maybe I'm going to have to live with another oily plane.image.jpg