CAP 21

Don't you get a lot of stretch on the fuselage sides sticking them down.

I use carbon paper for the sides and sstick the formers to the wood with 3M spraymount. A bit (lot) more expensive than paste.

I think you will find that that former third from the left is better with the grain along the length, not across the the short dimension.

Gary , are you going to mass balance the elev and rudd. the 20l plan has it on . at which your plane looks the same apart from the main wing so i would of though it would be on yours too .. do you think its ness, ive no experience of mass balanced surfaces ,maybe you do.. i aint got out done on mine , been on hols for 8 days and not looked at a plane , disgraceful , any way your build looks v tidy , keep up the good work..... fly low

I added the mass balance because that rudder is very large. Fitted them to the elevators as weel while doing the job.

Mass balances are there to eliminate flutter. Having seen what flutter can do to a tail assembly I felt it might be needed with that huge rudder.

I look forward to being told that I am wrong and it wan't needed,

I am sure you are right peter and i may regret not doing it !!!!

my thinking behind this is that i have seen a lot of caps 232 20 21 etc but never uncounted the mass balance on them so fingers crossed i will do mine with out !!!

Fingers crossed if it happens i will try not to get into a flutter about it enlightened

Ben

I am making a second fuselage at the same time as they are the same so i only have wings to make

blue peter style yes

lets see some pics on your progress

honestly ive done nothing ,,, i got flying yesterday for 3 hours and thats it for the last week and a half . hedge cutting , park assembly,, shed moving ,now am in the process of trying to evict all the rabbits out the massive warren in my garden ... i am finished hols now so maybe when i get back to work ill have more time,,,,,,,,

Gary,

I am considering building an electric version of Peter's CAP 20 L so I am following your build with interest.

i was wondering how you are going to build the nose around your motor and still make it accessible for thrust line adjustment should this be necessary.

Looking good so far , look forward to seeing the build progress

dave

ok some more done today

I have decided to not make the cowl removable as the motor is fully accessible from the front and from a removable panel at the bottomyes

20140428_162550.jpg

as you can see there is bags of room to remove the motor

20140428_162604.jpg

20140428_165257.jpg

try fit all looks ok smiley

thats it for now

Edited By Gary Vinten 1 on 28/04/2014 18:01:10