Red Bull practice

Advert

Hello Glenn , as you said :

Red Bull Air Race

• Sun 13th Apr, 7:00pm

The second round of the 2014 Red Bull Air Race World Championship from Rovinj, Croatia. Paul Bonhomme triumphed in the season's curtain raiser in the United Arab Emirates. Also in HD

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 11/04/2014 20:49:33

Posted by ken anderson. on 12/04/2014 15:11:18:

...as for opening doors that must be another ken Anderson......running around impersonating moi.......

I think Ken is more accustomed to having doors slammed in his face! wink 2

As for the UK round at Ascot... Hmm, it's not that far from me to Ascot, so distinctly possible, though I have a bit of a concern that I might spend spend far more time sitting in traffic jams than actually seeing the racing. (No real evidence for thinking that, just a gut-feeling, though wasn't there an issue the very first time they ran a round in the UK?)

Posted by John Privett on 12/04/2014 18:55:13: ........ though wasn't there an issue the very first time they ran a round in the UK?)

There certainly was a problem. I remember it well.

4 hours sat in stationary traffic without seeing or even hearing an aircraft - only to eventually be told to turn round and go home.

Plus, the promised refunds on tickets never arrived either.

Ro.

Bonhomme missing out by 0.08 seconds- damn! Great race though and a great setting too.

I was fortunate enough to go and see it live in 2005 when it was at Longleat. It was brilliant! The forces they put through those aeroplanes is ridiculous, amazing flying skill. Thanks Josip for the updates and videos!

Anyone want to try it with models?

CS

• 2 weeks later...

i also sat in traffic for four hours, walked two mile to site down long hill sat for three hours and froze in wind and rain then told they were not going to fly. joined massive crowd slogging up hill as other idiots continued to come in. will not bother to go againangry, too much hassle. refund was next daysmiley