Dx18 issue then Parkzone extra

scott finnie

I decided to maiden my lovely new Parkzone bnf Stryker today with my brand new dx18. I started with a perfect range test then decided to fly. Wow it can certainly move though throttle back and she was lovely to fly! I decided on a fly past 20feet ish ahead of me and approx 50ft high , the throttle suddenly cut , the elevens locked it into a spin and bang in she went! And a mess she is. Bin time sadly. Instead of leaving the field on such a nice day I fitted an ar600 to my new Parkzone extra 300 pnp and after range checking again decided to simply hover around a few feet off the ground over long grass just incase , thankfully nothing went wrong untill the whole landing gear assembly including the factory installed glued in place decided to fall out! I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. At that point I decided enoughs enough and brought her in for a smooth belly landing with only minor rash. I've looked at where it attached and have found zero evidence of glue, I've now emailed HH and awaiting a reply . I'm a big fan of a lot of there aircraft and boats aswell but if this is there new ways I'll be taking my custom elsewhere. Has anyone else had similar experiences. Feeling very let down

scott

Advert

Hi Phil I tested the fail safe by switching off my transmitter before flying , the motor stopped and the elevons , rudder ect returned to neutral. Been baffling me since, the receiver survived the crash and I've tested the fail safe on the ground in a art tech wind tiger delta and everything seems to work fine, still scratching head

regard

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

just to update on this thread, I sent my dx18 and receiver back to HH and got a reply last week saying that both the transmitter and receiver had an intermittent fault that was causing both to shut down at random times. They didn't go into the issue of exactly what caused it but said it'd be a simple fix. I thanked them for there honesty but said I no longer trust or have faith in using that system and a big thumbs up on there side I got my £500 back! I have bought myself a Graupner mz24 and with it's built in live telemetry , colour touch screen and included case for £320 I can't complain. It even has live data on my range which works perfect. Very impressed with the whole package. I'm planning on fitting this to my Hangar9 cirrus within the next few weeks, just awaiting an rpm, speed, fuel sensors arriving. Though the sad news is I still had a potentially lethal Stryker plough into the ground by two factory and one quality control errors. And worst of all no sorry, luckily there was no one at the field during the flight since where it crashed was near the dog walkers path. Anyways off out the door flying now. Nice day and can't wait

scotti

Hi Tony

sadly not but I'm trying to work out how to get a replacement from them since I'm at a loss of 1 Stryker and 1 eflite 2200 lipo . They said to take it up with my lhs where I purchased it but to me it's nothing to do with my lhs. Felt as if the chap on the phone couldn't care less sadly