J Perkins EnErG C35-26 motor specs.

Allan Bennett

Can anyone point me in the right direction for replacement bearings for a J Perkins EnErG C35-26 motor please? Perkins don't stock them, and they are unable to tell my local model shop what their specs are -- can't even tell what the exact diameter of the motor shaft is !!

I've measured the bearings by eye against a steel rule, and they look to be 5.2mm i.d. by 10.5mm o.d. as far as I can determine. Is that a standard metric size, or are they likely to be imperial measurement?

Advert

Your best bet Allan is to take it to a local Engineering Factors trade counter (look in your local yellow Pages) - they can probably i.d. the bearings there and then and with a bit of luck will sell you some new ones.

This goes for IC engine bearings as well - they will sell you the bearings at a fraction of the cost you'll pay if you try to get them through your LMS - and they are exactly the same bearings!

BEB

Thanks ken, but a search on their web site doesn't bring up anything like it.

I'm sure I'll have to take it to a bearing supplier, but I was trying to avoid having to take the motor out of commission for the moment. I find it very poor that JP don't supply spares, and are unable to give the specs, especially considering it's not a cheap motor.

Allan, if it's any help the range of EnErG motors are Himax make, there's more detailed info at Maxxprod but nothing specific on the C35-26.
This is the same motor that came fitted fitted to my Staufenbiel Vitesse, I've failed to find any info on it despite some fairly extensive searching.

I think BEB's suggestion is the best solution to your problem.

Thanks for the link PatMc. Actually, I don't have a problem at the moment. But with the complete lack of any dimensional information with the motor, I was trying to prepare myself for when I do need to replace something.

The web page you've linked shows that both the Himax 3522 and 3528 use a 5mm shaft so, despite both I and my local model shop owner reckoning mine measured 5.2mm, it seems like it must be 5mm. That being the case, the bearings will be 5mm i.d. by, probably, 11mm o.d. (I measured 10.5mm by eye against a steel rule), which I can get from many sources.

Thank you for all your inputs. I hope you don't think that I was crying "wolf" -- I'm still annoyed at Perkins for not being able to give details of their own branded product.