Danny's "poor mans Spitty"

Danny Fenton

Advert

Actually I lied, they are new buttons..... I bought a big tub of assorted buttons many moons ago, as you do embarrassed

I think in the last five years I have used about 4 But when you need one, you need one (or two)

Was going to join the fus halves but have realised that the cell box/motor bulkhead needs fitting first crook

Rivetting video....mmmm could be a new way to put people to sleep..... How many would you need to see before you got the idea Dennis?

Cheers

Danny

Ahhh young Padawan, the quick fix, you are seeking. A serial process, riveting is.......

Seriously I like to do my rivets one at a time, to get the spacing right needs the eye to judge the size of the remaining gap to the end of the row. These "combs" or strips of vinyl holes will work but the spacing will be exact and real rivets are not quite so. So it depends on how accurate you want to be.

They don't take long.......no really they don't

Cheers

Danny

Did I show what I use to do rivets Dennis? If not its a small plastic bottle with a cut down syringe needle in the end.

0571 (large).jpg

The needles are about a fiver for 100 and the plastic bottles not a lot more. The needles need to be flushed through immediately after use or they clog. But they are so cheap its not worth worrying about. I have one bottle full of rivets, and a bottle full of water. The needle gets moved to the bottle of water and squireted until it flows freely.

Hope this helps?

Posted by Danny Fenton on 22/11/2014 18:41:50:

LOL I couldn't do that Terry, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I deprived you of all the pleasure and sattisfaction ;( Besides it wont take you long to get to this point. I reckon I am nearly half way teeth 2

Cheers

Danny

Which nearly half way is that danny - Half way airframe built or half way finished? wink 2!

Terry

Hi Dennis, yes will have to excuse that video the droplets still had some water so they were a little large. The green needle will produce rivets down to around .5mm and up to about 1mm you just have to let the drop form for longer before touching the surface. But yes the smaller the needles the smaller the droplet by virtue of the glue flowing slower. However the next smaller size I think is orange, and that clogs really easily. The next larger is yellow and that makes blobs to quickly.

If you want to try it I can send you a bottle and a couple of needles?

Cheers

Danny